Name Something

MindCrime

The block of Swiss cheese wouldn't end all life on earth during a temper tantrum.

*To answer the question, my parents were public school teachers who graduated during the Depression of the 1930's, endured separation during dad's stint with the 442nd RCT in World War II, then had to beg to be rehired by the Territory of Hawaii Department of Public Instruction for leaving his post as Agriculture teacher at Aiea Elementary and Intermediate school. They've left for the celestial public school a while back, regretting that their kids didn't feel the "call of the classroom."

Name the most likely way the world will end once "Der Furore" is crowned in Washington, D.C.

He insists that the wall be 800 feet high. It is built, but the weight of it collapses the border with Mexico, and both countries cave in. This displaces the oceans, and rising waters flood all remaining land masses.

Name a sport that should be in the Olympics, but isn't.

Your prom date's nose! (Which is why she ran off to the powder room and never came back.;)

*Baseball was given a trial run at the Olympics, but  members of the British Commonwealth would say: Give Us Cricket! (But that would put viewers to sleep.;)

Name something wet, deep, and Green!

I tried, but boredom kept setting in. Apple Music tried to rope me in, but I'd read that AM scans your iTunes music library, takes everything in your Library parks it on The Cloud, and plays them back to you, the former owner. (No thanks, Cupertino, these .mp3s were gathered from music CDs I bought, and you can't have any of them!) Ryan Seacrest does "Top 40"? (Yeah, right!) ACCURadio was the next stop, and I selected "Surprise Me" to "keep it random." What I got was "Taylor Swift and Friends." After 4 songs, I decided that I didn't like Taylor Swift or her friends. I selected "Top 40" and "Surprise Me" again. The HitKast Listener's Top 100 got as far as Yo Gotti and The Chainsmokers before boredom set in again. (I'm not a fan of Hip Hop.) So, what is my favorite song that you'll have to got to Youtube to find? It's:  Eva Cassidy - "Over The Rainbow"

Name something out of YOUR Top 40 favorites, if you dare.;)

Edited by Otokichi
Modern music sounds mechanical and lacks Soul,,,;(

I remember that "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," and "Rag Doll" got extensive AM radio airplay when computers were the size of houses. But these days, it's gotta be:

Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons - "Walk Like A Man"

Name a song that brought you to tears when you heard it on the radio. (Does it still make you "tear up"?;)

Edited by Otokichi
Bradley Manning, Bruce Jenner...

• 2 weeks later...

Wreck-it Ralph!

*I saw it listed on what used to be the ABC Family channel and wondered if it was any good. A sweet movie that won't put you in a diabetic coma, that features memorable characters will always be on my movie radar. (No, I never played any arcade video games, preferring the "Space Quest" and LucasArts computer games of the 1980's. I was a TIE killer in "X-Wing," a big fan of "Wing Commander," and the "Indiana Jones" RPGs.;)

Name YOUR recent favorite movie!

Edited by Otokichi
Let's hear it for "The Glitch"!

"Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo"....no, that's not recent enough...:grin:

From 2016, I liked "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot".

I always liked the "Harold and Kumar" trilogy....for obvious reasons.

But I think my favorite from the last few years is "Lincoln"....you know, the one where he kills vampires.

Name the most expensive thing you've ever touched.

:afro::afro::afro::grin::grin:

• 2 months later...