The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #125

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing as my three favourite bands are The Who, Oasis and The Beatles, I could think of that as just a tiny bit insulting, since yes... they're very mainstream.

point taken ;)

maybe I'm only jealous that my favourite bands aren't mainstream enough :grin: ;)

The old groups and artists like The Beatles, Stones, Clapton etc. have remained popular all these years for a reason. They set the stage for future bands and their that good.

When you younger people become the senior generation, you"ll be saying the same thing about your most cherished groups/artists as we say to you today.

I love young people and I often wonder who your Beatles and Stones will be and what the young people of your senior years will be listening to :D

Modern??? 1977 or thereabouts, I would wager. So, ummmm...30 years ago. Yikes! Doesn't time fly! Bizarrely enough, "Ca Plane Pour Moi" was marketed as "punk rock" at the time. Plastic (real name Roger Jouret) had previously been the drummer of a proper Belgian punk band (Hubble Bubble).

Thanks for watching my back, B-F. I watched/listened to the video and it seemed so now, plus young Viaene was the nominator, I just thought it was a "today" song. Just underscores the timeless nature of music and performance and the SFer's eclectic music tastes.

Pearl Jam is pretty darn mainstream at this point. Just not necessarily in the Songfacts world.

If a song is played in the Swedish radio program "Summer" going for the 50th year this summer, it's mainstream. So far this year I've heard Coldplay, Rage Against The Machine and Death Cab For Cutie... :)