• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin sums it up with Chinese ancient wise saying. :D

Come on, you gotta be in the next Ten.

One 50s and one 90s nomination. :)

Also, good post Chris. It wouldn't be the same without you here. :thumbsup:

I'm an old broad. I listen to all the songs, I like songs from all decades, I vote for what moves me. I have learned a lot from listening to the nominations. The ravishing Radhi introduced me to Kula Shaker and I just love them. And her. Chris, I had never heard of Cold Chisel before you. Now I've got Bow River on my MP3 player and I dig them. And you. Without the ten, I would be missing out on so much.

The concept behind the original tens was to nominate familiar songs so we would all know what they were. We weren't all fancy with the You Tubage back in the day. I prefer it now with all the non-mainstream songs.

And again, I must stress as I have a thousand times that this is not a frakking competition. Nobody is getting paid for the amount of songs they get in the top ten. I couldn't give a rat's behind who votes for my stuff. I just like the idea that you people have to listen to my odd noms. I went from Helen Reddy to Run DMC in the span of a couple of weeks. Ain't no pinning me down, brother.

No worries , my dear ; you're the comedy relief of the top tens , anyway ... :laughing: :bow: ... and , jeeez, yeah - you are getting old ... :o

Chris .... :bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

Thanks for recognizing that it works both ways, (the 50s / 90s comparison). There are several of us that try to include some great old rock & blues songs, and have a heck of a time getting those in as well.

I do think that things have gotten a bit better the further along we go. We've gotten the big heavy hitters out of the way, and everyone is much more diverse in their nominations now. The few Top tens that you all have been really pleased with have come more recently. And I think that newer and older songs are making the ten more often, as we spread out.

I totally support decade specific Special Tens. That'll be fun. ;)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #125 for the week ending 27th July 2008

1. Slip Kid - The Who (1975)

2. All My Love - Led Zeppelin (1979)

3. Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce (1972)

4. Where Is My Mind? - Pixies (1988)

5. Lonely People - America (1974)

6. Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan (1965)

7. Fool On The Hill, The - The Beatles (1967)

8. Ça Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand (1978)

9. When The Music's Over - The Doors (1967)

10. Share The Land - The Guess Who (1970)