Project Runway Season 5

Ombre Vivante

I try not to be a mean person, but I have to say, I crowed when Daniel-with-his-head-up-his-a$$ got eliminated.

I did not make myself clear in my assessment. Daniel was lazy, stupid, and petualant. And if La Gunn tells you you need pop, you best damn be sewing sparklers into the top of your dress, or, if that can't happen, scotch tape a package of birthday candles into the top of the bodice.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They finally got rid of daniel. Good God, it is baffling why they chose someone with such a bland sense of aesthetic (like the other mousy girl that got kicked off). I'm starting to see Korto and Joe as possible contenders for the final runway show. Surprisingly, the trash lady hasn't put out crappy outfits.

• 1 month later...

I think Leanne tried to sabotage Kenley by the way she was posing. The only thing I liked about the outfit Kenley made was the jacket. She really needs to watch her attitude. I liked her at the start, but now I kind of hate her, and not in the fun way. I am really shocked Jerel made it to the final four. I thought it would be Joe, Terry, Kenley, and my girl Koto winning it all.

I thought Korto had it locked, but, with the same as much else in my life, I was mistaken and disappointed.

Leann's clothes were beautiful and elegant, but one of her final dresses was exactly the same as her car parts challenge dress. And her clothes had too many GD frippin' petal/panel/whatever thingies.

I know it's cool and hip and what not to hate on Kenley, but some of her clothes were really fantastic and she does know how to use color. Her white dress with flowers painted down the front was simply gorgeous.

Korto was my girl. Her line was the most cohesive and the use of color was divine. However, Leanne's line was so beautifully crafted that I can't be mad about her win. My gay boyfriends at Project Rungay pointed out that if you took away the color pallette and styling choices, Leanne's collection was the most technical and creative. I'll give Kenley begrudging props. She did have a few nice pieces. Having said that, her outfits did not flow from one to the next. Cohesion is a huge thing to the judges.

I loved that moment where La Gunn made a face at her back stage. If you got La Gunn rolling your eyes at you, you need to dial back the bitch. And what was up with her peacock feather head thing?

Leann's clothes were very elegant and yes, there was cohesion and flow and all that. And her colors were pretty and soft, but she could have infused slightly more color. Her pants and shorts were pretty fracking beautiful though. I'm begrudgingly happy for her, but in my heart Korto was the winner.

• 1 year later...