PREPARE YOUR EARS FOR A SONIC TSUNAMI

scott

C&P of a PM I sent to Scott yesterday. I don't think he'll mind...

I just listened to Abductee. Excellent stuff, really good; it rocked. A heck of a lot going on in that 5 minutes or so; with the additional joy of a lo-fi psychedelic wig-out (almost verging on prog-rock territory). It sounds really good as it is, but I can tell from your musicianship and ideas that if you were let loose with a really good studio and producer, that you can produce some interesting and exciting soundscapes of immensity and finesse. Although the psyche / prog / alt-rock influences you draw upon are all musics from past eras, this track still has a contemporary feel to it; probably because of the "post-rock" thread, but also the vocals have that choral quality that has been slightly voguish in the wake of The Polyphonic Spree / Arcade Fire thing. No offence intended. What I mean is, I guess, that whereas a guitar-orientated post-rock wig-out might not be to everbody's taste or attention span, the vocals add a more obvious melody and hook: I liked the way it came back in dramatically just before the end. The outcome is that I can't see any reason why the more mature discerning listener (some of those folks round here who tend to cling to musics from their own youth) wouldn't like this as much as the younger adventure-seeker / indie-rock types. It sort of spans the musical generations nicely. Again: no offence intended.

Yeah totally DIY

and all we had for the instruments and vocals was one mic, a kind of general condenser guy- and if you guys know anything about recording, you know the studios use like 500 different kinds of microphones

and we had a generic low end drum mic kit, and that worked prety well.

yeah, we are pretty happy with how the recording is going.

Other sites you might consider:

http://www.last.fm

(A London-based site with fans of every kind of music you've ever heard of from around the world.)

http://mog.com

(A site associated with Rhapsody.com, but a place to upload an MP3 and write about music.)

We're actually planning on a last.fm dealy-o the day we stared recording they announced they were gonna pay unsigned acts royalties

.05 cents yes!!!!!!!!!!!

but we're using myspace as a launch point, cuz it's real trendy and easy to use it to prostitute yourself out.

I've never heard of mog, I'll have to check it out.