What is Art?

poetrychick

No one can really say what art is. Atleast I don't think so because I have never really heard it explained well enough to the point where I understood it. Some say it is in the eye of the beholder, but that really applies to whether the art is beautiful, and does art have to be beautiful in order to be art, and who decides what is beautiful? Does art have to apply to certain senses to be art? Is everything humans do art, or can other lowly animals make art? Or is art matter or thought that is created? Is thought or cogitation an art? Is what I feel art, even if I cannot express it? I want others to understand me, what I feel, but if I feel pain or anger, is it right to want others to feel that way, is that art? Is art something everyone contains or is it merely a skill given to those who can express their feelings through creativity? Does art require creativity or can humans create art simply because we are human? And if any of these questions can be answered, then how do I express this...this thing I have bottled up inside me so that others can comprehend it? Will it be art, or just the silly feelings of some silly girl? Will they be feelings that everyone feels? Then will selfishness be created instead because of my want? What is this art and why does it press me so? Why is it created?

Who am I? Why was I created?

• 2 weeks later...

Art is anything which, after the consumer’s requisite study time, sears a sensoral bond with that partaker; strengthened in proportion to its inherent ability to arouse empathy beyond that which is normally stimulated by its prime components.

My undershorts for sale ( I did wear them 'artistically ' though ) - cheap !

Art is anything which, after the consumer’s requisite study time, sears a sensoral bond with that partaker; strengthened in proportion to its inherent ability to arouse empathy beyond that which is normally stimulated by its prime components.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said....like the janitor on "Night Court".

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

S2V, you talkin' dirty again? :jester: