The Songfactors' Choice: Best Canadian Artists!

Lucky

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drummer:

Wow, thanks for all the "weclcome"s. I have no idea what that javascript error was; I didn't try anything fancy.

Yes, "PowerWidow" is a play on the title of the RUSH album, "Power Windows." My late husband and I got engaged at a Rush Power Windows concert in 1986. He died last year, of leukemia.

I am a HUGE Rush fan.

Why, though, are the vast majority of Rush fans male? That puzzles me.

:drummer:

Wow, thanks for all the "weclcome"s. I have no idea what that javascript error was; I didn't try anything fancy.

Yes, "PowerWidow" is a play on the title of the RUSH album, "Power Windows." My late husband and I got engaged at a Rush Power Windows concert in 1986. He died last year, of leukemia.

I am a HUGE Rush fan.

Why, though, are the vast majority of Rush fans male? That puzzles me.

PowerWidow (may I call you PW? :) ), I've got to admit, I'm one of the females that aren't on the huge fan list. I dunno why that is. :P

I'm glad you came back to check out the winning list though! I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. You should come around more often, SF is a nice little group and a great place to hang. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, between life, and wonky boards, this has gone on waaay too long. We need to do a little business, and we can move on to the next topic. :)

The first order of business is, we need the individuals that nominated the winners to give us a few words ... we need something for the bloggers to b*tch about! ;) S'ok if you just want to repeat something you've said in your nomination post, so don't stress. I'm talking about these folks:

MindCrime

TimLizzy

Crazy Don (please Don, 2 of the winners were yours!)

Ms. Peaches

Lea

Edna

Lucky

Shawna

It seems I've left someone off, but for the life of me I can't figure out who. Help!

Next order of business, we need a new topic. Check out the suggestion box, and give us your thoughts. Thank you! :)

Joni Mitchell is an Grammy award winning original artist and successful record producer from Alberta, who had a major influence on many artists of different decades and genres. She is a talented musicians and songwriter, and has her own unique style of guitar playing.

I will change this later, if needed. It's not the best semi-paragraph.

The Blues Brothers are mostly, if not entirely, Belushi , who is certainly not Canadian - and who were last on the list , to be fair , anyway . Akroyd is second banana merely going " bow, bow bow" . No Canadian takes them as a Canadian band, you bunch of dorks .

Disqualified ! Who was next on the list ?

Is this ok Lucky?

Gordon Lightfoot has received fifteen Juno Awards and has been nominated for five Grammy Awards. In 1974, Lightfoot's song "Sundown" was named pop record of the year by the Music Operators of America. In 1980, he was named Canadian male recording artist of the decade for his work in the 1970s.

The Blues Brothers are mostly, if not entirely, Belushi , who is certainly not Canadian - and who were last on the list , to be fair , anyway . Akroyd is second banana merely going " bow, bow bow" . No Canadian takes them as a Canadian band, you bunch of dorks .

Disqualified ! Who was next on the list ?

Oh, get bent. :goof:

Mr. Neil Young

It's not a surprise to see Neil Young at #1 for this category. He's one of the many great singer/songwriters that has been around since the 60's right up to present time. What first got me into listening to Neil is his unique style he has with everything he does..whether it's playing acoustic guitar and singing mellow ballads like "Harvest Moon" or rockin' out with "Rockin' In The Free World" it's all good. A very talented musician that can play a number of instruments, write amazing lyrics, and sing with so much emotion...He definitely deserves to be #1 on this list...

And read all about him here:

Aritistfacts

Edited by Guest