The Songfactors' Choice: Best Canadian Artists!

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE: TOP TEN CANADIAN ARTISTS !

*ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE * Join us, and share your knowledge and your love of the thing that keeps SONGFACTS the community we all know and love, MUSIC ! The basic guidelines are simple.... :)

* The Songfactors' Music of Choice is decided by your nominations and votes. For each edition we'll ask that you nominate 1 OR 2 selections that meet the guidelines for that edition.

* With each nomination, we ask that you give us a review, a few thoughts or just a description of how your selection makes you feel. No one is being graded on their writing here. What we want is for you to share your knowledge and feelings about the music you love.

* Each edition will run about 3 weeks or so. At the end of that time, we'll ask you to vote, and you know how that works! These lists will number 5 or 10 (we'll let you know), so we'll ask that you compile your list of 5 choices for the final Songfactor's Music of Choice. We will tally them, just like The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten, 1 through ?. At the close of voting, we will have our Songfactors' Music of Choice.

* Be as creative with this as you'd like. We want to encourage an exchange of thoughts, so this will be a place to learn about and enjoy the nominations, as well as the final choices. The guidelines will change with each edition.

..... So, here we go .....

**NOTE: It seems that the Great Nation of Canada has produced some really great artists, and that we are all aware of who they are. We'll go with artists in general, solo or band, as long as their roots are in Canada. You can illustrate the artists' work with albums, songs, whatever. So, without further ado, from the land of maple leaves, hockey, universal healthcare, and snow we bring you:

THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE: Top Ten Canadian Artists! :D

maple-leaf.gif

GIVE US YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
title

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joni Mitchell

JoniMitchell.jpg

Sample Tracks

"Big Yellow Taxi" – 1970

"Woodstock" – 1970

"Help Me" - 1974

Joni Mitchell is an Grammy award winning original artist and successful record producer from Alberta, who had a major influence on many artists of different decades and genres. She is a talented musicians and songwriter, and has her own unique style of guitar playing.

My first nomination has to be:

RUSH!

Too often maligned by critics and rock snobs, Rush is a ridiculously talented band. No they never did drugs, no they never had wild parties, and yes their songs feature lyrics like:

"The Netherworld is gathered in the glare

Prince By-Tor takes the cavern

To the north light

The sign of Eth is rising in the air"

They're nerdy. Ok. They're still amazing.

YYZ

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

Ladies of the Canyon ~ Joni Mitchell (1970)

Hey mindcrime, this time it's about artists, not specific albums (even though you can use albums or songs to illustrate how great the artist is)

We'll just interpret your nomination as Joni Mitchell, okay? :)

Hey mindcrime, this time it's about artists, not specific albums (even though you can use albums or songs to illustrate how great the artist is)

We'll just interpret your nomination as Joni Mitchell, okay? :)

Oh okay, that works, because it's hard to pick just one album by that artist and have it be said to be their best work. :thumbsup:

^^^^Thankyou 10P :D :happybanana: :happybanana:

Had you chosen him before me? I didn't walk on someones toes again like I did with Lucky when I tried to steal her nomination did I :crazy:

I looked and didn't see him as taken.

Thank goodness. I don't like to steal and I already did it once. I would have been very upset if I'd have done it again :crazy:

And I'm glad you like 10P I'm a very lazy typist and it was the shortest version I could think of :laughing: I'm a cut and paste kinda girl at best :D

Knock yourself out, karma. Two is always better than one. :grin:

ok, i'll take Avril Lavigne as my 2nd choice. My favorite song by her is Nobody's Home but I like most of her music. She is an extremely talented young lady and she was nominated by Canadian Business Magazine ranked her the seventh most powerful Canadian in Hollywood. Quite and accomplishment for someone so young. I got the info from wiki and just copied and pasted.