Dreams

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dreamt once that I was playing some kind of performance on saxophone- not my best instrument at the best of times- I think it was some kind of paying gig. I was shoved onto the stage alone and handed a piece of music. As the curtain rose and I tried to sight-read the music, I realized that my sax would not make any sound. I removed the reed, and noticed that, much to my annoyance, it was a number 8 (for those of you that don't play wind instruments, the numbers are measurements of thickness/hardness. A number 8 would have to be about an inch thick). I don't think they even make number 8's. I tried to explain this to the audience, who were as usual obscured by the overly bright stage lights, while searching in my case- can't think why it would be onstage with me- for a more suitable reed, to find that they were all broken. At this point I was thankfully saved from further humiliation by being awoken.

I like that one, Wade! I can sort of relate. At the height of my saxophonism, I was playing #5 reeds that I shaved down a little on the sides. Whenever I let some of my "understudies" try to play with one of my reeds, they said it was like using a popsicle stick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...