Dreams

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Here's the deal, you let other songfactors know of the details of your latest dream whether it was scary or just really crazy and out of it.

Then... everyone can give their own analysis of what the dream really means or just comment on how odd you are for being the only person in the history of the world to have dreamed that crazy scenario up... whatever.

If the thread actually works it should provide some form of entertainment for everyone or you'll just end up being continually annoyed by me relaying my random dreams to you week after week.

So yeah...

I can't actually remember my last night's dream but once i had this crazy dream where it was as if I was half awake and knew I was dreaming, I was at school and for some reason there were two of my friend Jesse?

Whatever could this mean?

Well Lonelyday, I've been having alot of crazy dreams lately, so I've been reading up alot on dreams and what they mean...I seem to remember almost all of the dreams that I've had....

I've read that dreams are a combination of thoughts that are on your mind when you go to sleep, and they somehow all mix up into one dream...You might have been thinking about your friend Jesse and school at the same time...and since you were half asleep and inbetween awake and dreaming could possibly be why there were two Jessies..... :P

I had this dream that OLD 55 and I get abducted by aliens and they put us in a "Punk Rock" band. Old had his hair spiked and colored cranberry. I had a mohawk that was colored green. Sweet Jane was doing some back up vocals in a Janis Joplin get up. Uncle Joe was jammin on the key boards throwing chicken livers to the crowd. Other than that nothing unusal seems to come to mind.

rtstuff

"ET phone home"

I haven't had any interesting dreams lately, perhaps because I've consciously tried to dial down the anxiety level when things get too intense. (Letting small things get to you is a surefire way to get a bleeding ulcer, by the way.) So here's one from my college days that popped up during final exams:

I'm on my way to class, passing under a building under construction, paying more attention to what test is held where. I hear some crashing and banging above me, and wonder if something's falling. Then everything goes black. I awake in a strange room, my head buzzing, feeling thick and foggy. A person dressed in medical scrubs opens the door, looks at me, turns white as a sheet and leaves quickly. I look around the room and see some greyish matter in a pan, along with pieces of what looks like bone. I finally find a mirror, and get a shock...what is this black, blinking thing on my head? I hear a commotion outside, footfalls; people are headed my way. I head for the other door and out into...the night? How long have I been out? At least the blinking lights are bright enough to see by. Where is this grey place? I'm standing at a four way corridor with no idea which way to go. But I hear what sounds like pursuers, so it's time to head...somewhere. Then I wake up, and I'm back in my dormitory room. It's time to get up and head for the next exam. Gee, I see that the Physical Science building is taking shape. What's that noise? Ouch! :stars:

• 4 months later...

If I manage to relax just enough I can enter sleep paralysis while still conscious. This is pretty close to "lucid dreaming," but it's really difficult for me to do that. The only thing I can do while I lucid dream is jump really high. Those dreams are rather drab since there is nothing else going on, except me running around and jumping. Once I lose the rhythm of my breathing, I either lose consciousness and dream or force myself to wake up.

So is this sitting in a lotus position or lying down or..?

I can only do this lying down with my body flat against the floor or bed (without a head rest), but some have the capacity to do it sitting in certain positions. I once saw a guy who practised meditating have a brainwave scan and it was amazing the state calmness of mind he could reach.

I can only do this lying down with my body flat against the floor or bed (without a head rest), but some have the capacity to do it sitting in certain positions. I once saw a guy who practised meditating have a brainwave scan and it was amazing the state calmness of mind he could reach.

I don't understand how people can sleep or meditate or concentrate with electrodes attached to their heads. so unnatural. And distracting.