Dreams

Aunt_Acid

i had a very beautiful dream once about jeff, where i'm almost sure he came to visit me. it was a week or two after i met his mother. in my dream i was homealone when the doorbell rang. i answered the door and jeff was standing there. he began singing to me, his version of van morrison's 'the way young lovers do'. i started singing with him but he gently stopped me saying, 'no, don't sing with me today, you'll sing with me tomorrow.' then he said he had to go, i began to cry but he comforted me saying 'i just came to let you know that everything is going to be okay.' i woke up with the most calm and serene feeling and that whole following day i walked around feeling protected and cared for. the cynics among you will probably scoff but it was a dream that meant alot to me.

another time i dreamed that i was at one of jeff's gigs and he sang a new song - one which i've never heard. when i woke up i could remember it but it disappeared within seconds.

usually my dreams aren't remotely as peaceful as that! i have lots of tormented dreams, nightmares about anything and everything, especially about my family. but i lucid dream, which means i can always engineer a happy ending!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gis, what a beautifull dream!!! I dreamed the Beatles were playing in a little club near my house, just for me and some friends. My husband told me "Hey, let´s go, we´re late" and I said "Oh, I saw them sooo many times... Why don´t you go without me, I´m going to bed".

That´s all... I missed a Beatles concert... :stars:

All day XXX??!!! :stars: Your head must be pounding...lol

This is rife with double entendres. Reminds me of the phone call Humbert was making where he heard "Lo" was getting her cavity filled by her dentist ;)

Get this, it happened again. I had another lucid dream whereupon I realized I was dreaming and tested it by jumping really high to and touching the ceiling. I began to lose control of the dream when I began to "float" upside down and the roof caved in to darkness. This is where I forced myself to wake up, but right before that I let myself sink just a little into the dream and I could feel my sleep paralysis and my controlled breathing. Once I began to breathe faster is when I woke up and my paralysis faded. If I can control my breathing just right I can actually enter into a dream state almost conscious and feel my body go into sleep paralysis. It used to frighten me because I feel "heavier." As I go deeper into a dream, I start to "sink into the bed" and down I go to have a lucid dream :beatnik:

last nights dream: I'm in a futuristic football stadium, where everyone is playing football with rollerskates and high tech uniforms. Then a bomb goes off, and everyone goes to the nearest bomb shelter. The bomb shelter in the stadium is full, so I go to the girls locker room, which somehow doubles as a locker room. The rest gets a little too dirty to type about here! ;)

• 1 month later...

I was hanging out at this girl's apartment last night, watching the tellie plunked on the couch, eating a bowl of cereal, talking and laughing. Then I went to the kitchen and was cleaning the dishes. Thing is, I'd never met this girl, didn't even know her name, but everything was so familiar that it didn't cross my mind until I woke up and realised it was a dream...

I had a dream a few nights back that I was in week beginning the 7th of March, and all this week at work, I've been actually living a week ahead - the amount of mistakes I have made, expecting people in to see me, and I'm working ahead of myself but messing up this week!

How confusing for me! :stars:

I'd like to have a week of dreams without sweating about my teeth falling out all over the show! The freaky thing is, while I'm dreaming, I run my tongue over my teeth and it feels like they're not there and I wake up in a panic. Oh, I wake up with a fright quite alot too. This used to freak my boyfriend out completely. ::

I'm same as you Sue, very often wake up startled. More often than not I can't remember exactly what I dreamt that made me afraid.

I went through a phase of dreaming I was killing two people imparticular, both of them I would hang from a rotary drier and when the Police visit I tell them it's self defence...they believe me and tell me to dispose of the body as I see fit :stars:

Another I had was about a woman who I saw very often in the town where I live, she was in her early 30's, obviously had some problems, walked around talking to herself and sometimes shouting at people who weren't there. I thought about her alot, as she always seemed so distressed, but I don't know whos care she was under, if any. Anyway, I started having the same dream every night, that I was at a wedding reception, in a huge garden of three parts all hedged off, the middle garden was a lake with a white bridge over. In my dream I kept seeing this lady walking through the gardens, up and down, and all of a sudden to she ran into the lake screaming, wrapped in white towels over her clothes, and drowned herself. I woke up every night in a cold sweat and shaking, it really spooked me. I talked about it to friends at work, as it was all I could think about, quite disturbing. About a month after the dreams stopped, I discovered this lady committed suicide, drowned in the lake of a formal garden less than 100 miles from me. Afterwards I decided to find out about her as I wish I had done before, it turned out her Mum had committed suicide when she was 15, and she'd never come to terms with it, it just drove her mad (for want of better terms).

That has to be the most disturbing sequence of events I've experienced.

I never dreamed two very common dreams:

- I fly

- I´m naked on the street

I must be the only one who never dreams with these topics... maybe I´m not human? =:P :googly: :laughing:

heyy!! me neither! i've never had a flying dream or a naked on the street dream! i've had numerous trippig over a stone or a step dreams where i then jerk in bed.

and i used to have this recurring dream where i want to get down a flight of stairs in my house really fast so i'm running and missing a step and missing two steps but not getting much lower and finally i take a huge leap and the floor keep coming closer and closer and closer...and thats the end of the dream