Dreams

Aunt_Acid

Aye, Dreams are mysterious...where do they come from???? AHHHH!!!! ok, really...my dreams always seem to contain some sort of death. I always go to Heaven though, and Heaven is this blue color....with a bunch of hands pulling me up, and at the end is Gods hand waiting for me. The last one i had, my father was over in Iraq STILL and i had a dream we were in a nuclear war, we all died, i was being pulled up to heaven, but i wouldnt allow myself to go all the way up, i wanted to see more explosions or something like that, well, i looked up and i woke up.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe some dreams can be preminitions or reminitions. I had a dream before I started my new high school, that I was walking around checking stuff out. There was this zen garden where people were having a class. Lo and behold, my Religions class actually teaches stuff about zen, while holding class there on nice days. Another strage part was this second floor hallway. There was a big aquariam (god knows why) there. I walked to the end of the hallway where there was stairs. I saw one of my best friends, who I haven't seen in years.

Well, on the first day, I notice the math hallway of the second floor looks exactlly like in my dream (except the aquariam was replaced with a water foutain, hmm). After class I went to walk down the stairs to go to my next class, and sure enough, there was my friend walking up them.

Our best dreams are the ones we never remember. Depending on when one wakes up determines the memory of them.

A lot, I believe, determines how active one keeps their mind and how one feels about themself. If you read of my night terrors, you will understand I woke up during a dream. My theory is that I was still in my subconscious mind even though I was aware of my surroundings. I couldn't move because in a sense my body was dead.

I believe we are all spirits in a vessel which we call our bodies. This vessel is a very limited one because it is driven by our conscious minds. Our conscious mind is what causes all of our limitations.

My indirect understanding of my nightmares has given me the gift of allowing my subconscious thoughts to override my conscious ones. This is why I am so happy even if it may not show. I realize that I have always had anything I've ever wanted. All I have to do, is dream.

When we dream we are in infinity. Some of my dreams were of being born and dying. Two main elements of our mortal life. What I saw beyond this would be what my conscious mind could not conceive and that is terrifying. We are physical creatures that rely on what we see to comprehend. If we are shown that which is inconceivable, our conscious minds try to override by shutting it out. In truth, there are things in our minds that we have never seen or thought about in this life. Yes, I believe we were always here and will always be here. Where here is is the biggest question. Reality dictates the mortal thought of time. If we would try and realize that there is no such thing as time we all would believe in God. Reality makes prisoners out of most. It will keep them locked up for ever and ever unless they stop basing everything on this blink-of-an-eye existence.

If only I could make you understand that what I say is true. I can't reveal everything to you. Even if I did, you would still not believe me. My interests into what's beyond our conscious thoughts I believe caused my visions of what I could not possibly understand and thus, scaring the crap outta me. The dreams I had seemed to last forever but in reality they were only an instant.

We may not realize it but out minds are our own universe. Anything we can think of we truly have. One thing I'll have you know, one day:

Our minds never die. Our thought is endless. It is not a physical thing. It WILL NOT die. We can think that our feelings of guilt are just a phsical part of our brains. Our guilt is the answers from our soul!

Reality takes it all away. I don't believe in reality. It dies. I believe in what doesn't.

Dream songs can be so romantic...here's one by Don MeLean called "No Reason For Your Dream":

There's no need to find a reason for your dreams

For there is always more to dreaming than there seems to be

And I'l be thankful if throughout my life you dream of me

It's all that I could ask for while I live

A dream is such a lovely gift to give

Your fragile beauty caught me in its web

And I am held by every silver strand of love you spin

Here in a swirl of sleeping circles all my dreams begin

Dreams that somehow always end with you

You're the one who makes my dreams come true

Sleep is lovely when you sleep next to me

And while you're dreaming let your thoughts all run free

But if I can understand what makes you free

Then I would capture you and hold you for eternity

But I'm afraid that would destroy the love you feel for me

And loving you is how it has to be

Reasons don't mean anything to me

Loving you is how it has to be

Reasons don't mean anything to me

That song is the last cut from his 1970 TAPESTRY album.Not to be confused with Carole King's album of the same name...which was out at the same time. Lots of gteat songs on both albums.

"A dream is such a lovely gift to give"...

Remember the first time (anytime, actually) someone of the opposite sex told you she had a dream about you. What a feeling!

• 4 weeks later...

saw the posting about Dreams and decided to post some of mine, lucky you eh? the majority of my dreams are action-ish like, people are always trying to kill me or chase after me, loads of fun i tell you. but i always have people i know or see around in my dreams.

a year ago i had a dream about a guy in my school and all that happened was he came to me and told me his name. and then a week later i asked a friend what his name was and that was it. it was creepy.

It's typical that my dreams relate towards an obscure setting of something that occurred during in the day's past, it always reflects on a more puzzling incident, one that I can't often explain. I search for answers or give it my own thesis in my dream, thinking I have solved the mystery, only to wake up & realize that I have further burdened my questions with more insignificance than before.

I realize as I'm dreaming the dreams make sense, and when I wake up, they make pretty good sense, but then once I get showered and fully awaken and into the day, I look back on the dream and it is completely incoherent. Your mind seems to be a little slower at determining normal from abnormal in the morning. Maybe that's why they always put infomercials on in the morning.

my best friend and i always have dreams on the same night, its weird. i mostly forget my dreams, but i guess i should keep like a dream journal or something by my bed so when i wake up i can jot them down

I have a friend who can analyze dreams, he told me to jot them down & he would make perfect sense of them for me, I keep forgetting to do this, but I really should try it out.

Your mind seems to be a little slower at determining normal from abnormal in the morning. Maybe that's why they always put infomercials on in the morning.

Yeah I sometimes watch TV at the wee hours of the morning and it's nothing but infomercials or some other crap that nobody wants to watch, why don't they start playing something cool on one of the channels if not two, they know they'll actually get ratings, at least Adult Swim hasn't sold out, I can still catch Lupin, Case Closed, & various anime at 5 in the morning. smile049.gif

The only channel I get on the TV in my room very good is Fox. I need to get new a new antenna. Ever fall asleep with the TV on, and have the television program bleed into your dream? That's trippy.

not changing identies are you? different name and picture

What are you talking about? I just joined. I'm not DaveGilmour90125 changing his name so he can go undercover and find out your website. Psh. What ever gave you that idea??

Let me tell you one dream I had the other night: I was the Queen of the World and the whole planet was standing, shouting and screaming "Hourray" "Long Live" etc... and I was just smiling, walking through my zillions of fans. Plenty of flashes and lights and all that stuff.

That´s all folks. Thanks for lending an ear (eye).