Dreams

Aunt_Acid

I searched for a thread like this and didn't see one, so I apologize if there already is one. I figured there should be a thread for people to talk about the dreams they had last night so if they were weird or cool or something you wouldn't forget them.

Last night I had this dream that there was some weird electric charge inside of me, and I couldn't get close to lightbulbs or electronic stuff, because it would stop working. It could've been cool, but it ended up being pretty annoying, because it was dark everywhere I went.

Ok, enough of my dreams. Feel free to post whenever.

Dream on!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream is to become the next ex Mrs. Elvis Costello.

oh, wait, you didn't mean goal type dreams. OOPS!

The weirdest dream I ever had involved me on an alien space ship and a nurse handing me a blob and saying "Here is your dead alien baby!"

I dream of mice a lot. I HATE mice. Those dreams always freak me out so bad I can't go back to sleep.

Sometimes I am not totally asleep, and I start to dream, mixing dream with reality. I was at my friends house for a sleepover once, and I was dreaming of some mothlike insect. Then I heard this buzzing noise right in my ear and felt my hair move. I jolted awake, and looked at my friend, who was on the computer, and saw this giant spider scuttle across his back. It freaked my out, and I looked on the ground for the spider and didn't see it. I asked him if he made the noise by my ear, and he said he didn't. I figured that I dreamt the noise, and also the spider on his back, even though his back was part of reality. How interesting.

I always used to have this dream that I was driving through this national park thing on a long blacktop drive, and there was some ticket booth, but it was empty. It was raining really hard, and it was at night. I haven't had that one in years.

I dream a lot about breathing under water or jumping real high. The second one can be kinda scarry. I can sometimes control my dreams. Like getting real small and go through the fabric of the bed sheets or behind the fridge. Sometimes seems like I can control the volume of my hearing too. I can't decide when I wanna control them thou, it just happens sometimes. Seems like being really tired, like in not sleeping in a couple of days, helps. Also ambiance music seem to help. I read several books on ESP to no avail. Maybe I should get back on that again.

Also sometimes seems like I'm awake but I can't move a mussle, which kinda freaks me out. Then I wake up. I guess it could be what XXX calls "ghosts pressing on you".

Lately I've been dreaming a lot about this gierlfriend I had. She moved away over 4 years ago. Been looking for her email everywhere and can't find it.

I also have nightmares where I loose my teeth (going to brush teeth right now).

I've had this one dream off and on for most of my life. I'm at Pearl Harbor a few days before it's bombed, but I know about it, and I keep trying to warn everyone, but everyone ignores me. Then, I hear the Zeros over head, but I never see them because there's so much black smoke, and even though I can't see, I know exactly where I am, standing on a dock, looking at just thick black smoke, and thinking "if that smoke wasn't here, I could see the harbor". That's when I wake up, every time. Sometimes the smell of smoke stays with me for quite some time after I wake up.

It makes me think a little that there may be something to the whole 'previous life' thing. I know the Buddists believe your body is just a carrier for your soul, which is eternal, and moves from body to body, forever. That's why they spend their entire life preparing to die the correct way, so the soul they pass on will be clean, because once it's damaged, it's forever.

Anyway, sorry for going off the subject a bit.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know where the stars come from over your icon? I didn't have any yesterday, now I do.

I had a series of terrifying nightmares back in '83 I think it was. They were so real and they were all the same. So frightened was I that going to bed became a thing of dread.

It happened shortly after watching Eddie Murphy's, Delirious.

I kept dreaming that Aunt Bunny was coming to get me . . .

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I dreamt zombies were trying to get in through the bedroom window, I was at the window trying to stop them calling my boyfriend to help. At this point they started punching me in the stomach so I naturally woke up screaming, sat up in bed and threw one of them across the room. It was of course my poor cat, she'd come over to investigate why I was making strange noises and it was her paws that were 'punching' my stomach.

She's still sulking!

Sometimes I am not totally asleep, and I start to dream, mixing dream with reality. I was at my friends house for a sleepover once, and I was dreaming of some mothlike insect. Then I heard this buzzing noise right in my ear and felt my hair move.

Beware MOTHRA!

I always used to have this dream that I was driving through this national park thing on a long blacktop drive, and there was some ticket booth, but it was empty. It was raining really hard, and it was at night. I haven't had that one in years.

Geez, well...no, sorry. I refuse to analyze that one. But Dave...soooooooooooooo sorry.

LOL...JK :neener: Gotcha!

I remember a nightmare I had during the Summer of 1985 (I'm pretty sure that was the year) I was falling down a building for an eternity and my family stood back & watched me helplessly. Don Henley's Boys of Summer was a popular song at the time & it played in the background.

I remember, for the longest time, even when I was a child, I would have a reoccurring nightmare. It hasn't happened for quite some time but it used to be very frequent, at least once a week. I'll try to explain:

The start of the dream would be a normal type, pleasant dream. But as fast as it was pleasant, it turned terrifying. The instant it turned terrifying I would wake up.

The nightmare itself was when I awakened. I would be able to see everything in my room but not be able to move. The whole time this was happening an indescribable sense of dread and fear engulfed me. The harder I tried to move, the more intense the fear would become. I could see everything but it was nothing there to scare me. I wasn't scared because I couldn't move. What I was scared of I'll not ever know. I was scared of the most horrible feeling of fear and dread that I know I'll never be able to explain.

All I could do was lay there still and not try to move. When I didn't try to move, I could feel the fear and dread slowly leave until I no longer felt it. When the terrible feelings subsided, I could move.

Now, here's the real freaky part, if I didn't get up immediately and shake myself literally, I would go back into the very same dream and start all over again. I once had the same dream about five times in one night. This was before I figured out that I had to truly awaken myself.

This got so bad that I consulted a shrink. I literally became a forced insomniac because each time I had the dream, the feelings of terror and dread intensified. I even consulted my family practitioner and was diagnosed, by a doctor that I trust, as being narcoleptic.

I then underwent a series of brain scans and found nothing wrong with my patterns. Just my luck. So, I was left just feeling a bit crazy. The dreams kept happening but I learned to live with them.

Since then I've been able to control my dreams, at least somewhat. I do understand that there is a such thing as the feelings of indescribable terror. I had them and cannot explain it. It's the feeling that it's getting worse with every instant, forever.

No, I do not miss them, but I do miss not being able to understand what something was trying to tell me.

I believe that dreams do have meanings but I believe our conscious minds cannot ever hope to understand them. We understand them while we dream because we are in our subconscious.

Reality is our safe haven because if any one of us were to truly know and remember everything in our subconscious minds then we'd all immediately go insane, at least by our conscious standards.

So, in conclusion, my worst nightmares were totally alone, even with someone lying next to me, I was totally alone.

Being alone is, IMO, the worst torture that can possibly be endured, for ever.

My God Marcus...you poor thing -- you went through hell! :(

In April 1992, when I was 24 y/o, I moved into a loft apartment. Soon after moving in I had a recurring dream about parts of a house that were hidden: a stairway, hallway, doors and rooms behind the walls. I would also dream about a neighborhood clearly seen from the bottom of a hill, but there was no way to get to it - it was like going in circles. It was never a scary dream, just a bizzare one. This dream occurred many times for the 10 months I lived there.

The buiding I lived in was a one-family home turned into 4 apartments(mine was the attic at one time), and I'd briefly get burned by temp changes in water so they called in a plumber to change the two separate H/C faucets to the modern centered one. The plumber cut through the shower wall Friday, removing a big square shaped piece; he replaced the faucet system, and a contractor was supposed to come by Monday to fix the wall.

It was December and cold air was whipping through the cut out so I covered it with a plastic trash bag. As I was covering, I peeked in -- there was a white wooden door right in front of me, about 4 feet away.

Being curious, I securely duct taped a wire coat hanger to the end of a broom handle, reached in and pulled at the knob a few times -- the door partially opened, but I couldn't see what was behind it. Opening that door made the winter wind whip more furiously (and eerily).

The landlord never had my wall fixed. I never found out what was behind that door, but the strange dreams suddenly stopped. I moved out in February.

Another strange dream took place that only happened to me once. Before moving into the loft I was in a relationship for 6 years, engaged for 3 years. My then fiance and I went to his brother's house two hours away every weekend. Once Saturday morning the phone rang. It was his brother Billy on the phone. The whole conversation went like this:

"Where is he?!"

"Sleeping, why?"

"Well, get him up, tell him to move it; he was supposed to be here two hours ago."

So I shook my fiance and woke him up:

"Hey, get up...Billy's on the phone - you were supposed to be at his house?...you're late -- he said move it!"

"What? No, I'm not -- he never said...give me the phone!"

He took the phone to talk to his brother and no one was on the other line. We'd fallen asleep with the cordless phone in bed. The phone didn't actually ring, and Billy never actually called, so my conversation with Billy never actually took place; however, I physically put the phone to my ear and answered it, and I did wake up my fiance because to me Billy was on the phone. The whole incident was 1/2 dream 1/2 real where I acted on what was going on in my sleep...freaky!

Last night I had a weird dream. CD was in it, and him and me and a ton of kids from my school were in this combat training thing in a metal box-like structure. I guess we were all training to take on some giant thing or something, and we were practicing by fighting eachother. Well my friend Luke started attacking me with popsicles, so I punched him in the face and knocked him over. Then everyone got really angry with me for being too agressive or something and saying I was a bad sport. I felt really embarassed and then I woke up.