Rock Werchter

Viaene

I'm attending this festival and I already picked a lot of names I wanted to see. My question is what artists of the following shouldn't I miss out? and why?

Lenny Kravitz, Mika, Counting Crows, Air Traffic

The National, Vampire Weekend, Modern Skirts, Jay-Z, Babyshambles, Slayer, Monza, Hot Chip, Zita Swoon, Duffy, My Morning Jacket, Ben Folds, Patrick Watson, The Cool Kids, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Kings of Leon, Editors, The Hives, Gossip, The Whigs, Roisin Murphy, Gnarls Barkley, MGMT, Kate Nash, KT Tunstall, Galactic,Band of Horses, Donavon Frankenreiter, The Raconteurs, The Kooks, Nightwish, Panic at the Disco, John Butler Trio, Underworld, Justice, Mark Ronson, Hercules and Love Affair, Tim Vanhamel, DeVotchKa

Man... can I come with you?

Lenny Kravitz I've seen live, he puts on a good show. I like Mika, but if you had to sacrifice seeing him for somebody else, it'd be ok. The National is ok. Vampire Weekend is one of the best bands of the year, try to see them. Slayer is badass. Hot Chip is fun. My Morning Jacket is a must-see. Kings of Leon and Editors are ok. The Hives you should try to get to. The Whigs are ok. I'm sure you know Gnarls Barkley. MGMT is pretty good, as is KT Tunstall. Band of Horses is awesome. Don't miss The Raconteurs. The Kooks are good. I like Panic's new material, but their first album sucked.

And that's all I have to say about that...

you're probably gonna get different answers from everyone on that :grin:

I wouldn't miss Kings of Leon, The Hives, Raconteurs and the Kooks

also very good are Lenny Kravitz, Hot Chip, My Morning Jacket, Editors, MGMT, Band of Horses

I would go to Kate Nash just to hear her accent :grin:

Duffy if you like that kind of music, same with Ben Folds and John Butler

oh and Roisin Murphy was the singer of Moloko, I haven't heard any solo stuff from her though

from the rest I don't know enough :)

List so far:

The Chemical Brothers, R.E.M., Lenny Kravitz, Soulwax, Shameboy, Moby, Neil Young, The Verve, The Blackbox Revelation, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Kings of Leon, dEUS, Anouk, Beck, Kaiser Chiefs, The Raconteurs, Grinderman.

If my friends agree we might check out:

Duffy, editors, The National, Zita Swoon, Hot Chip, MGMT, Gnarls Barkley, Roisin Murphy, The Kooks, Panic at the Disco, Tim Vanhamel

The problem is the 2 stages which means you've got to make choices.

Thanks! :rockon:

Definitely Editors, they are amazing!

My friend is obsessed with the National, so I would check it out if I had time

I used to like Zita Swoon but haven't heard anything in ages, dunno what they've been doing these days

I would also check out MGMT, I'm really liking them right now

I quite like Duffy too, would check her out

And I would go and see band of horses, I like them but not all their stuff, some of it is quite country for my taste

I would skip the Raconteurs, I watched them on TV when they did reading two years ago and he just can't sing! I know their music is good, but they seemed to suck live...