The Wit and Wisdom of George Thorogood

bazooka

"My biggest thrill is when somebody says to a friend, ‘I’ve got George’s new CD and it’s just like the last one.’ You know what I mean? Not all of us are John Lennon and Paul McCartney. They started off playing Chuck Berry, then they developed it into Strawberry Fields . I am not like that, nor do I ever proclaim to be like that."

"How far can you stretch three chords? Or in my case, one chord?" he says, laughing again. "How many different paint jobs can I put on Johnny B. Goode ?"

"Let’s put it this way. Dylan has a Rolls Royce dealership. I have a used Chevy dealership. But I’m in the business. You got it? That’s all I wanted from this thing. A gig, man. And I got a gig."

"You’ve got to figure out a way to do this with barely a high school education and no voice to speak of and some interesting chops on the guitar. But you’ve got to bullshit your way in there, man. I say this to the world: The Beatles did what they did, the rest of us played the blues."

[smaller]From George and the Destroyers website[/smaller]

"The reason it has lasted for 30 years is for one reason and one reason only: Classic Rock radio."

" We've plotted through the years of how to get to here, where we are now, or we would have never made it. "

"When people come to the show they think we are a legendary band because they hear us on Classic Rock radio all the time. It is psychological. That's okay - I'm down with that."

Gotta love Georgie. I saw him in the 90's (front row center). One of the best concerts I've ever seen. :cool: