Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Floydaholic

(For those of you who may have noticed and cared, I'm back. Long story, will explain later)

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Friday 23-May-08, RDS Dublin

I remember this disappointment when I had just found out that Bruce Springsteen was coming to Dublin for 3 nights, and the tickets were sold out. And then someone in my mam's work told her that she had a spare ticket, so I got that as one of my b-day presents, I was really happy. And then a few day before the gig, they release more tickets, but that didn't bother me.

The horrible thought crossed my mind about getting my mam to give the ticket back so I could get a better one, but I didn't of course. It was one of those strange random thoughts that I get sometimes that I don't like, were I think of something horrible that I could do and then I feel the guilt of actually doing it, when I don't want to or do it!

Anyway, my ticket was on the pitch, so Q long hours standing around. I was fortunate enough to get to the front of the stage, with just 2 rows of people in front of me, the stage was really elevated, and it was monstrous, the PA was huge. It all felt so surreal. So I stood and sat around for 2 or 3 hours, ringing friends to waste time.

And then he finally came on, and oh man!

Night

Radio Nowhere

No Surrender

Lonesome Day

The Promised Land

Magic

Trapped

Murder Incorporated

Darlington County

Prove It All Night

She's The One

Livin' In The Future

Mary's Place

Girls In Their Summer Clothes

Devil's Arcade

The Rising

Last To Die

Long Walk Home

Badlands

Jungleland

Born To Run

Glory Days

Dancing In The Dark

American Land

I forgot about the pain in my knees for the whole concert! The sound quality was great, there was such a huge wall of sound. I couldn't believe the energy that was coming from Bruce. I've been reading that the 3rd night in Dublin was the best, but that doesn't bother me much. He was running across the stage, having guitar duels, sliding around on his knees, and he took a beer from someone in the crowd when they gave it to him, and he pulled a guy up into the stage bit that goes out into the crowd and danced with him.

Everyone there was really happy and in high spirits, the E Street Band are such characters. I'm ashamed to say that I'd never heard a lot of the songs that he played here before, but that didn't mean that they weren't good, I loved them! I found it kinda funny when less people around me were singing the newer songs ( I must have been one of the youngest there). There were 2 Bruce look-a-likes in front of me too!

I don't know what else to say really, it was just one of the best days of my life, a real defining moment which I'll never forget.

The Antwerp gig was AWESOME. The best concert I've ever seen. It was very hot (indoor-arena), but Bruce and the E-Street Band were in excellent shape. Highlights for me were Trapped, 'Sandy', Thundercrack, Because The Night, Point Blank, Badlands, Born to Run and Thunder Road.

This is the setlist of Antwerp June 23th, 2008

1. So Young and In Love

2. Radio Nowhere

3. The Ties That Bind

4. Promised Land

5. Spirit in The night

6. Magic

7. Trapped

8. 4th of July Asbury Park ( Sandy )

9. Prove it All Night

10. Thundercrack (played for the first time in Europe)

11. Because The Night

12. She's The One

13. Living in The Future

14. Mary's Place

15. Fire

16. Point Blank

17. The Rising

18. Last to Die

19. Long Walk Home

20. Badlands

21. I'm a Rocker (played for the first time this tour)

22. Born to Run

23. Thunder Road

24. Glory Days

25. American Land

Thanks edna, and congrats on 30,000+ posts!

I found it strange that he did Magic so early in the set, but that didn't mean that I liked it any less! Oh man, he has such a sheer amount of songs to choose from to play, and he still writes good tunes today! Does anybody else think his new album sounds as fresh as Born In The USA, for example?