Viaene

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5678309793_6584c14f34_o.jpg

Every time I see any sort of notion giving Obama any sort of credit to the death of bin Laden fills me with rage. Just because it happened while you were in office doesn't mean that it was you that got him. You sat in a nice, cozy office while men who have witnessed things that would keep you awake for the rest of your life trudged their way through some of the most rugged terrain on earth, and I highly doubt it was seventy degrees and sunny the entire time. This time of year, the rainy season is just coming to an end, as well as the end of the poppy harvest, marking the resurgence of Taliban activity. Saying you are responsible for the death of Osama, Mr. President, is as preposterous as saying that Ronald Reagan is responsible for the terrorist attack on the Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983.

This concludes my rant.

Every time I see any sort of notion giving Obama any sort of credit to the death of bin Laden fills me with rage. Just because it happened while you were in office doesn't mean that it was you that got him. You sat in a nice, cozy office while men who have witnessed things that would keep you awake for the rest of your life trudged their way through some of the most rugged terrain on earth, and I highly doubt it was seventy degrees and sunny the entire time. This time of year, the rainy season is just coming to an end, as well as the end of the poppy harvest, marking the resurgence of Taliban activity. Saying you are responsible for the death of Osama, Mr. President, is as preposterous as saying that Ronald Reagan is responsible for the terrorist attack on the Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983.

This concludes my rant.

You say that as if you were speaking directly to our president.

He isn't and he hasn't said that he is the only one responsible for bin Laden's death.

That quote next to Obama's picture was not made by our president, it was made up by the person who created it.

Don't diss our president for something he didn't say.

Never once did I quote him as taking the entirety of the credit for the death of bin Laden. If he HAD done that, I probably would have taken actions far more drastic than simply posting on an online music forum. The point I was trying to get across is how it irks me that people feel that he deserves credit for it. Yes, I understand that he was the one that gave the go-ahead on the mission that ended his life, but that was it. My original point was based on how it upsets me that aside from the brief sentence stating that bin Laden was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs, the only praise that I've seen has been directed toward the President. After reading my previous post I realized that the last sentence of that paragraph was written in an incorrect context. It wasn't my intention to turn that into an Obama-bashing post, but rather convey my discontent towards the people that see him as the only one who had any part in the mission (which, in hindsight, I realize was wrongly done). I'm also pretty sure that a bit more of my personal bias than I'd have liked showed through on that, due to my experience serving that, after successful operations, the only ones that were noticeably praised were the ones that did the least amount of the work.

Anyway, I digress. To all the SongFactors, I apologize for de-railing that thread in the manner in which I had.

Brad, if you would like to discuss this with me further, feel free to PM me, as I'd prefer to settle any sort of personal issues that may arise out of this in private. One thing I definitely don't want on here is any sort of animosity between myself and any of the members on this forum.

Now, let's let the funny resurface!

funny-pictures-proceed-cat.jpg

I've heard lots of praises for our Navy Seals, Kenne.

I praise and respect each and every one of them and our president, too.

My father and one brother served in the military and also two nephews of mine served in Operation Desert Storm.

I give H-Man a big :bow: for serving our country. He and every man and woman of our military sure deserve it.

It's the people like the one who created that pic and false caption of our president speaking that would rather make a joke out of the situation instead of praising our entire military forces (with emphasis on the U.S. Navy Seals who executed the successful mission) for a job well-done.

And a job well-done it sure was! :thumbsup:

Yeah, we hi-jacked this thread for a short intermission, now back to your regularly scheduled program. :grin:

• 1 month later...