The Great Funny Images Thread

Viaene

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't understand people's attitudes about health care. I am lucky in that I am employed and have good insurance and if I end up getting laid off (which is a possibility), I can be covered through my husband's insurance. However, there are many people who are not as lucky. Why they are letting some over privileged fat cats in Congress (who have government health care, BTW) scare them? Having to pay out of pocket for a doctor's visit is worse than a few extra dollars in taxes a year.

Edited by Guest

Here are the two tenants of the new conservatism:

1. People are stupid.

2. Stupid people will believe stupid things.

Unfortunately, it's working. In modern society, with pervasive media (talk radio, 24 hour cable "news", blogging) everybody is an expert. Which means nobody is. Which means the worst thing you can be is an actual expert. Which is why healthcare reform is stagnating and any clean energy bill will stagnate as well. Welcome to Idiot America.

I appreciate your passion, Tim. I believe most adult people are, in fact, very thoughtful toward the issues that impact their life and the lives of their progeny. To have no opinion is probably the hallmark of a lackadaisical mind, not neccesarily an opposing opinion.

People's thinking precesses run in a diverse fashion, by nature. To label those who may not think the same as a particular group as being stupid, may be a mistake or worse, a sign of a locked mind. Completely homogenous thought is rarely a sign of intelligence.

Here are the two tenants of the new conservatism:

1. People are stupid.

2. Stupid people will believe stupid things.

I love generalizations. All generalizations are correct eh ;) ?

Not all conservatives are stupid. Nor are they all intelligent. Same goes for liberals. I feel like parties cause so many problems in politics. I've never liked them. I mean, grouping with people that share your ideologies, that's cool, but doing what they do just cause they're doing it, that's foolish. The entire concept of the majority and minority whips in congress who go up to members of their party and say "Why aren't you voting with our party hmm?" I think, is moronic. It's a more professional version of peer pressure. There are so many senators that no one has ever heard of who sit back and just vote with their party. And as soon as one of them decides that, god forbid, something their party supports seems incorrect to them, people get upset.

I don't know. That just seems to bother me. But that's me.

To counteract the seemingly angry rant above:

:D:D:D:):) :cool: :cool: ;);):P:P:P :coolio: :coolio: :coolio: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by Guest

I don't think that the conservatives, or at least the conservative leaders (excepting Mrs. Palin) are stupid. I think they're pretty smart. What I was saying is that they take advantage of the stupidity of others in a remarkably cynical fashion, and manage to turn people against intellectualism. But as it seems my political rants (I'll admit, that's generally what they are) always seem to be countered with a plea for some form of centrism, I suppose I'll stop.