Worst guitar solos

Aunt_Acid

• 1 month later...

I don't know about the worst, but one that's overrated is Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin. If you listen closely you can hear the strong feedback during the Page's solo. It's usually regarded as one of his best, but he's had much better work on other songs.

Any guitar solo that uses power chords is the worst, Nirvana and many other alternative bands (like Bush & Veruca Salt, etc) used these during their songs, they're incredibly easy to play & nothing talented.

I was actually reading some european magazine and GNR-''Sweet Child O' Mine" was voted the best solo of all time, and Nirvana-"Come as you are" was second. I like both of those songs but I can think of more talented solos.

But as far as what I think I believe the guitar solo on little William Hungs version of "Hotel California" was pretty shitty. Of course i was expecting it to be bad, but i thought there might be a chance the producer would stretch and maybe pay more than a couple grand on the entire album. I know, I know, you must think I'm one of the many who put my money into the American Idol takeover plan, but instead i just illegally downloaded it. Hehe, i love saying that I illegally did it, just cause i refuse to pay a dollar for one song.