I need to validate my sisters existence!!!

hermanshaw

yes, I see your point

and I guess that we actually could do that too... :P

I doubt, in our case, that most mods would bother to, I mean what's the point?

and the information isn't as interesting as you might think, see here it shows the general part of the country, maybe the city, but eg in my case it's usually a couple 100km off ;)

maybe another general comment: anybody who has a website (blog, etc.) can see these addresses, and they could tell you months after, when what IP address accessed what page on their site for how long

eg, google saves every single search we make with them - the CIA is jealous of their databases

there is no such thing as 'privacy' on the internet...

(1984, anyone? :P )

;)

I quite like those maps on blogs though.

Anyway, again, I don't think that this is what mods do in their spare time. :P

Edit: computers you don't need to switch off? Or computers you can't switch off at all?

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the info, Martin... :bow: :bow:

Actually, I think it´s good to have the IP adresses of people. I know a web site where people -spammers and worse- were banned and they would come back over and over under different identities until the administrator checked the IP.

Edit: computers you don't need to switch off? Or computers you can't switch off at all?

the one I mean works in a field called "Ubiquitous Computing", which generally means that in the future we won't have one single desktop PC or laptop, but numerous small devices woven into our everyday life, in our houses, clothing and all appliances you might imagine

eg one thing I saw was a coffee cup that notices when it's almost empty and then tells the coffee machine to brew new one...

Thanks for the info, Martin... :bow: :bow:

Actually, I think it´s good to have the IP adresses of people. I know a web site where people -spammers and worse- were banned and they would come back over and over under different identities until the administrator checked the IP.

you're welcome :)

and yes, that's a good reason :P