Make your gas price predictions here

Mike

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah Batman, I've been thinking, and I know a lot of other people my age are thinking the same thing, that I'm never going to own a car. it just doesn't sound like a lot of fun. apart from driving, which I enjoy. but the commuting, paying for gas, maintaining, emitting greenhouse gas and all just seems to outweigh the effort of biking or bussing places.

Biking to work would be cool if work was not too far away. My problem, in addition to the distance (36 miles one way) would be all of the hilly terrain and the frequent high temperatures. I would have to shower when I got to work if I did not want to smell like a water buffalo.

• 3 weeks later...

It was $2.99 a gallon here today. :blah:

And I think 'they' just keep the prices artificially higher in cahootz right around here because I hear from people paying $2.79 fifty miles away. :/ I think, and hope, it's going to get lower. But $2.99 is a lot better than the $4 plus I was paying over the summer. In July a lot more people were driving the speed limit on the thru-way and just as everybody sold their 4 wheel drives and got compacts and Detroit goes just about belly-up trying to re-tool, Big Oil turned out, for now, to be just another bubble too. Countrys, in the Middle-East and some in our same hemisphere, that had been counting on all them big oil bucks are now starting to panic at the thought of $70 a barrel U.S. crude prices. Industrial Asia doesn't need as much if U.S. consumers aren't buying. They kind of got what they wished for, and if we could ever really find a long-term way to steer ourselves away, haha, from our addiction to that sticky black goo, (like we should've started doing way back in the '70's) then their chickens might really go home to roost! But I'm saddly pretty sure that as soon as the price drops to around $2.50 a gal, polititians will stop talking about alternative energy and we'll all buy bigger cars and a 4th TV and put the pedal back down to the metal!

*******:doh:********

• 3 weeks later...

The average price for regular gas in NJ is now under $2.00 per gallon. It can be found as low as $1.79 if you pay cash.

The $1.97 average represents about a $2.10 per gallon off the high average we had a few months back. At 15 gallons per week for 52 weeks...the savings is $1638. annually. Screw the stimulus checks and work to keep gas prices down. The cost of all goods, travel, etc become cheaper too.

• 2 weeks later...

My gas purchase was made at the cheapest place in the county. An extra added bonus: They stock real old fashioned Pepsi-Cola in old fashioned glass bottles that you need an opener for. Yes, it's from Mexico, and cost an arm & a leg, but it was the real thing without all the additives .... and 4 times the sugar. ;)