Make your gas price predictions here

Mike

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

currently we have prices around 1.50€ / litre, which is ca 8.78$ per gallon

on another note, yesterday was in the news that the price of natural gas is expected to rise by 40% in the next few months (additional to 20% in the last few months)

Most of the gas stations have ran out of gas or diesel in Spain. There´s also a strike of the truck drivers due to the price of the gas/diesel and people are buying all the food they can... :P So it´s a bit of a chaos round here.

We have diesel enough to drive till summer :grin: and we´re not paranoid so we don´t care much... but I admit the situation is bad.

The price of gas this week rose to $1.399 per liter, or about $5/US gallon.

that's actually $8.25 / gallon

unless I always use the wrong gallon to calculate :crazy:

it's early in the morning and I don't read every detail... sorry

Edited by Guest
:doh:

Every time I complain about the price of gas, my husband reminds me that it is SO much more in Europe. Like here, it must be the taxes that bring the price up so much. I always expect taxes (of all kinds) to be less in the United States.

Our gas is sold in litres, currently 1.38 a litre (highest it's ever been, people are freaking, myself included). That translates to 5.22 a U.S. gallon, 6.35 per Imperial gallon. Cost us 160.00 to fill up the pick-up truck at work today. Criminal. Someone, somewhere is making a whack of cash. Shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks to fill a tank....

Our gas is sold in litres, currently 1.38 a litre (highest it's ever been, people are freaking, myself included). That translates to 5.22 a U.S. gallon, 6.35 per Imperial gallon. Cost us 160.00 to fill up the pick-up truck at work today. Criminal. Someone, somewhere is making a whack of cash. Shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks to fill a tank....

Actually, you're right, but it's the investors. From what I've read, it's ONLY the investors. Recently OPEC released a statement that current oil prices are a "fabrication" It's solely based on a bullish trading frenzy. As long as investors continue to forecast it's worth will be more, it IS.

This is like the Titanic, we should have seen this iceberg on the horizon many years ago, we ignored it, we ignored a bustling growth in China and India, we ignored the fact that the U.S. (the greatest oil consumer per capita) has done nothing to prepare for this. NOTHING!! Now the iceberg is here, and we are slamming into it, the damage is done. Time to fill the lifeboats to capacity. Oh, and one more thing, some will not survive this sinking. Let's just hope you can tread long enough until relief shows up.