The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #119

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #119 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view

Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

**Take a look and a listen to CanAm's Personal Top Ten this week, too (it's really good)!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some really great songs here already! Mindcrime, I've been holding onto Miss You for a while ... thanks for nominating it! Definately top 3 for me. ;)

I promised a big 80's power ballad, this one just barely qualifies:

High Enough ~ Damn Yankees (1990)

Sunday Morning Coming Down ~ Johnny Cash (1970)written by Kristofferson, I don't know who's performance is better, but the lyrics are some of the most meaningful and personal I've ever heard. Words that could only have been written by someone who's been there.

Everday I Love You Less and Less ~ Kaiser Chiefs (2005) Video

not as overplayed as Ruby

and I like the 8-Bit style keyboards :)

(the lyrics are funny too :grin: )

(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais ~ The Clash (1978) Video

Hammersmith Palais de Danse was a very famous music club in London (closed down in 2006)

and the White Man was Mr Strummer, who wasn't very impressed by a all-night-reggae concert by Dillinger, Leroy Smart and Delroy Wilson

Midnight to six man

For the first time from Jamaica

Dillinger and Leroy Smart

Delroy Wilson, your cool operator

(...)

But it was Four Tops all night with encores from stage right

Charging from the bass knives to the treble

But onstage they ain't got no roots rock rebel

Onstage they ain't got no...roots rock rebel

:)

Edited by Guest
added lyrics

In reference to Old 55's request . . .

GOLD '79.

I love this one Muzik. :thumbsup: I was going to nominate it again next week. It didn't do to good the first time I tried it. It will of course get my vote. There are already a lot of great nominations. This is going to be another hard week.

Radio Ga Ga is not played much at all where I live. It was played to death when it came out, but since then.....it's low on the playlist of many stations, at least the ones in my area.

Thanks for the links, Martin...you rock!

I have a lot of listening to do for this week!

Edited by Guest