Bands with that "old rock" feel.....

PSYCHOcatholic

It seems like good rock is dying... there are plenty of bands i listen to nowadays, but, bands like Linkin Park, or POD, or Puddle of Mudd, it just all seems not rock, i guess cause songs used to have meaning. So...what bands of the PRESENT, do you think will go down in history, and in 20 yrs will be listed as famous classic rock??? i hope you get what im asking, i just wanna know what people think.

hardly any i guess

i believe bands nowadays are mainly 'tribute' bands like for example that whole garage thing we've got in the charts right now(hives etc).

even Oasis as mentioned above sound more like a beatles cover band formed by car thieves than anything original.

music hasn't really evolved much beyond the nineties, nothing really fresh and new has been made in a long time, just the odd band here and there pop out a great song once a while.

it's stinky and dusty and i don't like it :(

Its weird how someday 'classic rock' will be 'nsync and Linkin Park. It makes me sad. So sad, I think I will put a thumbs down style emoticon :thumbsdown:

I can think of some good bands today, but they still don't feel like classic rock.

See N*Sync can never be considered rock IMO. Linkin Park.....maybe. They really aren't that good though :thumbsdown:

• 1 month later...

Yech. No offense, but I didn't like The Darkness. Everyone said they sounded like Queen. I gave them a listen, and it couldn't be farther from the truth.

I liked about half their songs. They sound nothing like Queen though. I don't see how people compare Justin Hawkins to Freddie Mercury, they sound very different

I don't think anything today will be called "Classic Rock", because there's only one genre of classic rock.

From like, 67 , maybe stretching into 81, or 82. Then it became '80's music', with a style and sound all it's own. It wasn't rock, and it's not called classic rock. Oh, sure, there were rock acts in the 80s, but what is that genre called? Big Hair Metal. Not classic rock.

Then there was the explosion of rap, grunge, etc, etc, and that's what they'll all be known as.

There's only one genre known as classic rock. And I was fortunate enough to grow up with it. :coolio:

Yeah, I agree Jr. 'Classic rock' is now a definitive and specific genre in its own right and newer bands just aren't part of it.

It's certainly some of my favorite music (though I would place the years a wee bit earlier and throw GNR in there too) but unfortunately I missed the era. :puppyeyes:

But the music lives on so... :headphones: