The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #117

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hair metal much?

18 and Life - Skid Row (1989)

Inspired by a story the songwriters read in the paper about an 18 year old who accidentally shot his friend. He thought the gun wasn't loaded and wound up in prison for life.

"Accidents will happen" they all heard Ricky say

He fired his six-shot to the wind

that child blew a child away.

This will be my #2, I already gave my number 1 away to somebody else.

Next we'll have all those kids from the 'Gloved One's' Fan Club back here canvassing. Remember when they infiltrated Songfacts ?

But Tim is a nice guy, so we don't mind. I'll most likely vote for his other nomination though. I didn't know it was 'Memorial Day" weekend in the U.S. until I saw the Indy results. We'll look forward to heaps more nominations 'overnight/day' - wherever you are.

And RonJon - we owe you one from last week. You can have 3, OK. :)

I will take my 3:

Victim of Love - The Eagles

Day of The Eagle - Robin Trower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRz1Nf7ebIA (Be patient through the 50 second intro)

Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck

I know he deserves the term Wacko Jacko, and I wouldn't let any of my kids/grandkids go to a sleepover with him, but he was one of the most talented musicians of the 20th Century. Billie Jean is one of the best songs of the 80s.

I'd rather listen to him than some bands that shall remain nameless.

:afro:

I know he deserves the term Wacko Jacko, and I wouldn't let any of my kids/grandkids go to a sleepover with him, but he was one of the most talented musicians of the 20th Century. Billie Jean is one of the best songs of the 80s.

I'd rather listen to him than some bands that shall remain nameless.

:afro:

Yep... many people would. That's why he belongs to the pop(ular) music genre.

The nameless bands are for more discerning tastes.

I can remember my parents saying 'for goodness sake turn down that noise' when I used to play Bill Haley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, etc. over 50 years ago Radhi. I didn't think they (my parents) were very 'discerning' either.

:)