This Darkness Is My Solice

Red Fish

i think its an exellent peice of writing namahage you are very talented wtg

So, even his supporters can't spell. What hope have we of a critical appraisal of the piece on its poetic merits?

It's adolescent drivel. I am too sensitive for this world, no-one understands me and I rail at their insensitive disdain whilst retreating under my duvet to plan unspeakable revenge upon them and their shallow lives (whilst my folks pay for my education)...then I grow up (hopefully).

Or something.

;)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I am not. I feel debased and ashamed. :blush:

It has moved me to verse.

My eyes are shattered by the shards

of mirrors broken in the bathroom of my parent's condo

Ghosts parade their sympathies

around patterns of iridescent alchemy

and I bleed...dripping along the blunted edge of the switchblade

that I call life...and they call

real life.

My soul is tormented...by their souls. I look across the void

and all I can see is my soul

pursued by their souls

but wait...a crowd is forming

of my souls...and their souls...

and now I am pursued

by a bunch of our souls.

I am in hell.

:(

So, even his supporters can't spell. What hope have we of a critical appraisal of the piece on its poetic merits?

It's adolescent drivel. I am too sensitive for this world, no-one understands me and I rail at their insensitive disdain whilst retreating under my duvet to plan unspeakable revenge upon them and their shallow lives (whilst my folks pay for my education)...then I grow up (hopefully).

Or something.

;)

first off you dont know anything about me you cant say that and its really stupid to assume things about people like that cuz most of the time youre very wrong like you are here so dont try to come off all knowledgeable when you arent i just have to show you up if you do also please stop posting your own tasteless poetry in my thread we are talking about mine please go post it elsewhere

Obviously as adults we can look back at our teenage angst and wonder what the freak we were whining about, but we should never forget that it was deadly important to us at the time. There was a period when I wore nothing but black, refused to speak and listened to Tears for Fears' "The Hurting" over and over and over again. Seems silly now, but you couldn't tell me any different then.

also it looks like blindfitter doesnt want to go toe to teo with me on a such a daunting subject so how about we go for an easier one what color are my shoes

Highly entertaining, I'm sure.

As well as having a job and a large family to support, I have had to deal with the pressing matter of a couple of gallons of rain-water leaking into my daughter's bedroom- and fit in 7 hours of sleep- since this daunting challenge was mooted yesterday. You'll appreciate that any thoughts of tangling with such an intellectual heavyweight as yourself have been far from the forefront of my mind.

You seem to be of the opinion that, because you are American and I a mere foreigner, any debate on the subject of American English would inevitably result in you crushing me like an insect. Your bravado is admirable, in spite of its foolishness. By way of analogy: Sid, my budgerigar speaks "budgie", of which I have but a minor grasp. I'm fairly confident that my 6 years experience of university-level academic study and research, coupled with whatever innate intelligence and reason I possess, would stand me in good stead, should our daily conversation turn to an intellectual discourse upon "budgerigar-speak", albeit he speaks the language better than I. There is a significant distinction between the instinctive use of one's native language and a genuine comprehension of how language and communication work: a point amply demonstrated by you and your poetry. ;)

Highly entertaining, I'm sure.

As well as having a job and a large family to support, I have had to deal with the pressing matter of a couple of gallons of rain-water leaking into my daughter's bedroom- and fit in 7 hours of sleep- since this daunting challenge was mooted yesterday. You'll appreciate that any thoughts of tangling with such an intellectual heavyweight as yourself have been far from the forefront of my mind.

You seem to be of the opinion that, because you are American and I a mere foreigner, any debate on the subject of American English would inevitably result in you crushing me like an insect. Your bravado is admirable, in spite of its foolishness. By way of analogy: Sid, my budgerigar speaks "budgie", of which I have but a minor grasp. I'm fairly confident that my 6 years experience of university-level academic study and research, coupled with whatever innate intelligence and reason I possess, would stand me in good stead, should our daily conversation turn to an intellectual discourse upon "budgerigar-speak", albeit he speaks the language better than I. There is a significant distinction between the instinctive use of one's native language and a genuine comprehension of how language and communication work: a point amply demonstrated by you and your poetry. ;)

well youre stupid

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn, but you know what? Along with everything else, I've been listened to an awful lot of ugliness over the past week or so (not here).

Could we just give this a rest, please? It trully serves no purpose. I'm directing this to no one in particular, and everyone in general.