This Darkness Is My Solice

Red Fish

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh its different here in america i dont care what you foreigners say theres a huge difference between american english and british english and this is one of them, if you stopped using british sites to check your pronunciating and grammr we wouldnt even be having this discussion wed be actually talking about what i spent a good amount of time writing, something you foreigners obviously cant appreciate and something that i am wasting my time in even showing, but then i have always loved bickering endlessly with people who just dont get it so maybe i brought this upon myself but the fact is that its a perfectly acceptable word i have been through two college english classes and have yet to have that word misspelledd by any of my proffesors and recieved an a for both semesters so youre dealing with someone who actually knows something of american english, go ahead and try to deny it as much as you want but the fact is that british english is so caught up in one way to spell things that its becoming obsolete and really ive had this conversation a million times before already and no one ever seems to have a clue about the differences so i just sight at their lack of knowledge maybe once youve studied the history of the language itself you can really understand why words work the way they work but until you do you have cant say that im spelling it wrong now if youll do me a FAVOUR and please talk about my poem please

I soltice, you soltice, he soltices?

I say tomato, you say potato, let's call the whole thing off . . .

I live in a world where there is no bickering and unicorns jump over rainbows and cute little puppies crap out piles of money for me to spend.

Money to spend...

...hmmm...

Awesome concept.

:thumbsup:

I always hesitate to comment on dark poems like this, especially when they're written by teenagers (or just beyond), because they remind me so much of me at that age, and it was not a pretty time to be me.

So while this poem is pleasing as a poem, and it's obvious the writer has talent, it scares the everloving *&^% out of me. :crazy:

Eight days this poem sat there, totally ignored. Comments? Not a sausage. The public could hardly have displayed its complete indifference more conspicuously- or maybe the people were simply waiting for permission to speak? I post one brief line of constructive appraisal, and within hardly any time at all, people are actively discussing and critiquing the poem.

So, Namahage, rather than waffle on about American-English, British English, the inability of we foreigners to adapt to the evolution of our language, etc. etc., how about a bit of credit, where it's due, eh? :shades:

so i just sight at their lack of knowledge maybe once youve studied the history of the language itself you can really understand why words work the way they work but until you do

So my Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in European Languages really doesn't count for anything? :puppyeyes: snif...

how about you get a bachelor degree in american languages huh cuz im still waiting for some kind of explanation for why its not acceptable to spell it that way anywhere outside britland and i dont get why nobody commenting on it has anything to do with anything i said already that my poetry is wasted on you foreigners so it sat here until you decided it was time to come in and try to sprinkle your socalled knowledge about english all over the place when you really had no clue where i was coming from in the first place, seriously its like trying to argue with a child but they just walk away while you continue to crush them with superior knowledge and understanding of the subject, just plug your ears if you cant handle it

.. while you continue to crush them with superior knowledge and understanding of the subject, just plug your ears if you cant handle it

I'm still waiting to be crushed, but I won't hold my breath.

You think you possess superior knowledge and/or understanding? I'd be pleased to put that to the test, sunshine. Name your subject.

I discovered a pile of my old 'teenage' stuff a few years back and was horrified to discover that it was almost identical to yours..only better spelt. I binned it immediately with no regrets. I hope that, one day, you may do the same.

And I hope that that day is today.

how about you get a bachelor degree in american languages huh cuz im still waiting for some kind of explanation for why its not acceptable to spell it that way anywhere outside britland and i dont get why nobody commenting on it has anything to do with anything i said already that my poetry is wasted on you foreigners so it sat here until you decided it was time to come in and try to sprinkle your socalled knowledge about english all over the place when you really had no clue where i was coming from in the first place, seriously its like trying to argue with a child but they just walk away while you continue to crush them with superior knowledge and understanding of the subject, just plug your ears if you cant handle it

It's like reading Kerouac, except I enjoy reading Kerouac...