The Songfactors' Choice: Best Lovesongs and Ballads

Lucky

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A totally great list. Maybe some of the songs are cliche, but hey, they are great songs. There is a bit there for everyone, isn't there? Sure there will be some whining, and there will be 20 more songs that should have been on the list ... but I'm happy with the one we've got!! ;)

yeah... there's a Broken Family Band song where he says "I want you to die with my hands wrapped around your neck," and she sings, "I want to watch you swing from a tree." It's all very heartwarming and full of love. BF's got me on a BFB jag. :grin:

And that's a sad thing. I do think love songs get neglected a bit in the regular Ten. :crazy:

That´s because we have so many songs to chose in the Top tens... :P We don´t really focus on love songs, we have a wide range... so there´s more to chose. In this top things were a bit easier (well, let´s say "narrow" :grin: )

yeah... there's a Broken Family Band song where he says "I want you to die with my hands wrapped around your neck," and she sings, "I want to watch you swing from a tree." It's all very heartwarming and full of love. BF's got me on a BFB jag. :grin:

That is currently my favorite song on earth !! :D

That´s because we have so many songs to chose in the Top tens... :P We don´t really focus on love songs, we have a wide range... so there´s more to chose. In this top things were a bit easier (well, let´s say "narrow" :grin: )

Love songs do get short shrift in the weekly TT's, since SF'ers are more rock-oriented, but there's a lot of good love (songs) that should get some recognition. I'll have quite a few love songs to consider in my PTT, some from this list and some others that weren't.

I think it's a good list. My mother will be happy to hear Unchained Melody made it. I had her decide between that and a different one I was going to nominate and she talked me into going with Unchained Melody :D

Good mommy :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Angie - The Rolling Stones

God Only Knows - The Beach Boys

Let's Stay Together - Al Green

Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac

Stand By Me - Ben E. King

Still Loving You - Scorpions

Sweet Life - Paul Davis

To Love Somebody - Bee Gees

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge

• 2 months later...

If You Leave Me Now by Chicago

I had a cheating husband at the time that was going to leave me for somebody else and I was pregnant with his child. I had just dropped out of my senior year in high school due to all the sickness and emotional trauma in my life. I was so hurt and what's so ironic is this was the theme song for my class' senior prom. I still feel old pain when I hear this song.

Don't Know What You Got "Til It's Gone by Cinderella

Cinderella is one of my favorite groups and this song goes with the biggest mistake I ever made in my life and that was giving up someone who really loved me and would have died for me probably. I ruined my life and my son's life as well. His real father never had anything to do with him and Matt loved him and still does, but he has a new girlfriend now, so my son doesn't see him much anymore. Talk about living with remorse, guilt and hurt. All I've had are abusive relationships since and it seems like most guys are just after what you can give them. Women do all the above, too, so I'm not picking on the guys here. Real men and women are few and far between.