Top Ten Beaches

RonJonSurfer

...OK in New Jersey. I may be the only person who cares, but we do have beautiful beaches here. Here are the top 10 as voted on by NJ residents:

1. Wildwood

2. Wildwood Crest

3. Ocean City

4. North Wildwood

5. Cape May

6. Asbury Park

7. Avalon

8. Point Pleasant Beach

(check the cam) http://www.nj.com/shore/pointpleasantcam/

9. Beach Haven

10. Stone Harbor

They've obviously never visited ....

Shi Shi Beach, Washington

Located in Olympic National Park, Shi Shi Beach features some of the most pristine and undisturbed coastline in the state. Spanning two miles and encompassing jagged rocks, naturally formed arches and sea stacks, the beach presents a challenging, yet rewarding prospect for hikers. Raccoons, sea otters and wild birds can be found throughout the secluded beach, and an overnight stay in a tent is highly recommended for all visitors.

:D Welcome to my world. :thumbsup:

Black's Beach has not been closed down, although I can't say I've been there. :shades:

According to Dr. Beach, who rates beaches worldwide each year:

America's Best Beaches 2008

1. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin/Clearwater, Florida

2. Hanalei Beach, Kauai,Hawaii

3. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida

4. Coopers Beach, Southampton, New York

5. Coronado Beach, San Diego, California :bow:

6. Main Beach, East Hampton, New York

7. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii

8. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, North Carolina

9. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, Florida

10. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina

Here's the link complete with photos

3. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida

99% pure quartz, unlike most beaches that are composed of crushed shells, rocks or lava, this sand is pure white and finer in texture than most refined sugar. The sand has been described as "dazzling" and it is stated that it never feels hot. Siesta Key's remarkable sand and the azure, warm water of its beaches are a great attraction for tourists and local beach-goers alike who come to experience the sand and the water.

siestasq2.jpg

siestasunsettx2.jpg

THIS PLACE IS ACES!!!!!

Shouldn't this insignificant piece of east coast hype be in the news and current events thread in random thoughts ?

:tumbleweed:

With over 100 views and 8 replies (and me being the Mod for Music News) I think this story is fine right here. Haven't the west coast beaches gotten enough hype anyway?

With over 100 views and 8 replies (and me being the Mod for Music News) I think this story is fine right here. Haven't the west coast beaches gotten enough hype anyway?

Hahahaha, cheers Ron! I couldn't have said it better, as co-mod of the news forum; I absolutely agree!!

As far as the beaches on the two coasts, it's a matter of convenience (oh, ...and babes).

I remember learning at a very young age 'round here.. the west is best and the east is least, I'm pretty sure they weren't talking beaches though. (hee-hee)

Everyone that's anyone already knows Brazilians have the greatest hips and then some!!!

I often wonder how comes... what do they eat? Brazilians are so beautiful... must be the mix: black with Portuguese plus Dutch plus whatever...

You ain't seen nothing yet until you've been to the beach of Bloemendaal aan Zee: it is beautiful, the beer is affordable, the girls are topless, and most of all: no dogs allowed !

I don't think our beaches of the north sea can compare to the ones mentioned above :P

I mean the weather is mostly rainy/cloudy and the sea has an awful un-sea-like color.