The Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Disbanded'

Viaene

The Red Hot Chili Peppers 'Disbanded'

With the Red Hot Chili Peppers officially "disbanded" for a year, Anthony Kiedis has taken on a new role as festival curator for Pittsburgh's New American Music Festival August 8 - 9.

Besides spilling his guts about the upcoming festival Kiedis revealed the status of his superstar band, telling rollingstone.com, "We're disbanded for the moment ... Cooler heads prevailed and the discussion at the end of our last tour was, 'Let's not do anything Red Hot Chili Peppers-related for a minimum of one year, and just live and breathe and eat and learn new things.' I was about to have a brand new son. Flea is very inspired to re-up his musical direction and ability and skill and he wants to learn new stuff. John [Frusciante] has been firing away on his own, making different solo projects. And Chad [smith] joined a jazz band and went to Japan.

"I'm just home, hanging out with this really cool little kid, learning how to surf. But I'm starting to get just a little bit of a tingle that it would be nice to start thinking about songs and pieces of music. But just pieces."

It seems like a new album will take some years :puppyeyes: