Jessica Alba

Mike

Songfacts - Jessica

One of the most beautiful and alluring women I've ever seen. There is something just so naturally simple about her sex appeal.

There are many popular pictures of her that have circulated the net over the last few years, there is one in particular, and that has drawn a lot of attention, the non-revealing nude one of her lying down, it's the easiest one to find in a Google search. It's all right. But this is my favorite one of her.

jessicaalba79-1.jpg

Born April 28, 1981, Jessica Marie Alba is a popular American television and film actress. She has received numerous awards for her acting as well as for physical appearance.

Alba rose to great prominence with the television series Dark Angel. Alba appears quite frequently on the "Hot 100" section of Maxim and was voted AskMen.com's number one on their list of "99 Most Desirable Women" in 2006, as well as "Sexiest Woman in the World" by FHM in 2007. On the cover of the March 2006 issue, Playboy magazine named Alba among its 25 Sexiest Celebrities, and the Sex Star of the Year. Alba was involved in litigation against Playboy magazine for their use of her image (from a promotional shot for Into the Blue) without her consent, which she contends gave the appearance that she was featured in the issue in a "nude pictorial". However, she later dropped the lawsuit after receiving a personal apology from Playboy owner Hugh Hefner, who agreed to make donations to two charities that Alba has supported.

Her big break came when writer/director James Cameron picked Alba from a pool of over 1000 candidates for the role of the genetically-engineered super-soldier, Max Guevara, on the FOX sci-fi television series Dark Angel. Co-created by Cameron, the series starred Alba, and aired for two seasons until 2002, earning her critical acclaim as well as a Golden-Globe nomination.

Alba graduated from high school, she studied acting with William H. Macy and his wife, Felicity Huffman, at the Atlantic Theater Company, which was developed by Macy and Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and film director, David Mamet.

Alba is currently engaged to Cash Warren (son of actor Michael Warren), whom she met while making Fantastic Four in 2004. They are expecting their first child in June 2008. Alba, who never learned Spanish as a child, reportedly began mastering the language during her pregnancy, with the intention of speaking only Spanish to her child once he or she is born.

That reminds me.

On March 30, 1858, Hyman Lipman of Philadelphia, USA, received the first patent for attaching an eraser to the end of a pencil. It was later deemed invalid because it was determined to be simply a composite of two devices rather than an entirely new product.

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica Alba has gone from hottie to hot mama. The actress and her husband Cash Warren welcomed a baby girl named Honor Marie on June 7, according to her rep, Brad Cafarelli, to People magazine. This is the couple's first child.

While the rest of the world awaits her coming-out party, some choice people have had the honor of meeting Honor.

Jessica Alba’s brother, Josh, has revealed some exclusive details to E! News about the baby and her arrival.

“Jessica did everything natural,†he says. “It was all natural. It went really well.â€

As for baby Honor Marie Warren, the first child for Jessica and husband Cash Warren?

“She is gorgeous,†says Uncle Josh. “She looks just like my sister.â€

While many celeb moms opt for a C-section, Alba's natural childbirth put a crimp in her family's plans.

“My dad [Mark Alba] was on a business trip in Florida, and Jessica just flew him in last minute,†Josh Alba says. “He is so upset he has to fly back today.â€

But the relatives aren't holding any grudges.

“We are all just ecstatic,†says Josh Alba. “She definitely looks like an Alba to me.â€

source 1 source 2