Is The Wall not the best album ever?

Aunt_Acid

Wouldn't you say that The Wall is the best album ever released in the history of music? Not only is the main concept as well as all the other concepts and ideas of the album interesting and deep, the music is great. It's complicated, yet catchy, and the whole album just puts you in the mood of the album. I just love it. Many would argue with me, but I think that was the greatest thing Pink Floyd ever did for music.

this album though good was the wroth thing PInk Floyd as a band did not only did it drive the band apart but it made many think of pink floyd as that band who sings that teacher song...no i do not agree with that this is the greatest album of all time i would have to say that would have to be either Wish you were here or DSTM

No, I don't think so either!

Every PF album is unique, Obscured by clouds is incredible!

DSotM is the breakthrough album, it flows, it reaches for the musical stars. However Animals is, in my opinion, their greatest contibution to music. It is simply outstanding!! The Wall is a great album, don't get me wrong. But not the best they did, just the most charged and popular (see The Final Cut for most charged)

I give a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to both WYWH and aMLoR, but then I like them all, don't I.

By the way, if you want to hear part II of "The Wall" give "The Final Cut" a spin, WOW! Waters really uncorks his emotions and feeling about the war in this one. "The Final Cut" was the end of Pink Floyd as we came to know them in the 60's and 70's.

I love "The Wall", it's a great album. but best album ever NO. I would have to say best album ever is WISH YOU WERE HERE. That is one fantastically amazing album.

My personal favorite Pink Floyd album is "Obscured By Clouds" - this album has a sort of purity about it, that is absolutely wonderful.

Curses. What am I missing about Dark Side that everyone else loves. It could just be I have been listening to The Wall a lot lately. The way things always go with me and PF albums are, the more I listen to them, the more I like them. So I guess if I listen to DSoTM more, I would like it better than The Wall.

See, the beauty of music is right here in this one forum. It's all about what whets your musical palate.

Anyway, I like alot of PF, and I'm on the fence about what their best album is, but Time is easily my favorite song. Roger Waters captures how truly insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things.

You run and you run

To catch up with the sun

But it's sinking

Racing around to come up

Behind you again

The sun is the same

In a relative way

But you're older

Shorter of breath

And one day closer to death

Sheer brilliance. A masterpiece.

It barely makes the Top 3 of the best Pink Floyd albums in my book - I like 'Wish You Were Here' and 'The Dark Side of the Moon' more than 'The wall'.

But of course all generalizations are false. It's difficult to compare even albums by the same band, let alone different styles and time periods.

Hey, well top 3 isn't bad. I myself am beggining to like DSoTM better than The Wall, but there is just something about The Wall. It's a really good and complicated concept, I think. But I love the song Us and Them.

"Up and down, but in the end, it's only round and round"

Great song. Also, Time and Eclipse. Really, every song on DSoTM is pure genius. Which is probably why it in truthfulness is better than The Wall. The Wall isn't strong all the way through. You just finish with a moving, well written song like Vera, and then you hit Bring The Boys Back Home, which a 10 year old could've written.

IMO, Pink Floyd is the most innovative rock band ever. Their song, Time, to me is nothing short of profound. I believe they will be in the history books.

I love all of their works and each has their personal favourite but mine is and always will be Obscured By Clouds. To me, the song, Childhood's End, was the rough draft for Time. Childhood's End has my favourite lyrics, keyboard and lead riff of the Pink Floyd phenomenon.

I'm a big fan of raw sound. Just like a newly made wood product, it's the most beautiful before the finish is applied.

Curses. What am I missing about Dark Side that everyone else loves.

This is the only way to listen to an album like this. Lay in bed, turn light off, close curtains, light up some incense, crank the volume way up. (Not necesarily is this order =:P)

There's some other things that I'm not gonna post, but should be obvious.

Pshaw. How many of you have tried syncing it up with Wizrd of Oz. The effect itself is pretty cool, but when you think of how precise and exact everything is, and how it took so much work and cleverness to get everything just so, it makes you view the band in a whole new light. :guitar: