Electric Ladyland

Batman

a couple of questions about Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album.

1. I saw it said on windowsmedia.com that "All Along the Watchtower" had explicit content, and said PARENTAL ADVISORY. What are they talking about?

2. What is "1983 a merman I should turn to be" about? Is it about someone who doesn't like the world, commits suicide, and is reborn as a merman?

3. Also on Windowsmedia.com, it said there was both "Electric Ladyland" and "Electric Ladyland pt. 1" Whats with that?

4. What is "Burning Of the Midnight Lamp" about?

a couple of questions about Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album.

1. I saw it said on windowsmedia.com that "All Along the Watchtower" had explicit content, and said PARENTAL ADVISORY. What are they talking about?

There are some misheard lyrics in "All Along the Watchtower" that can be X-rated, but I don't really think that's the case.

However, the album cover as released in England and other places outside the US has a lot of naked women on the cover?

There are some misheard lyrics in "All Along the Watchtower" that can be X-rated, but I don't really think that's the case.

yeah, I always thought when he said "The hours getting late" he was actually saying "That I was getting laid." But that wouldn't give it a parental advisory. It was probably the album cover like you said.