Gwenmars!!! hear them out.

SweetJennyHaley

Oh I sure want to be the first. Gwenmars is worth a million words. Well worth checking out. They started seven years ago, but never were too big. I believe they are on a hiatus, or have stopped, but they should be checked out. Songs like Venus, Radio Gun, Neon Tom, and She Hung the Moon. Anyone heard of them? See their site here: http://www.gwenmars.com/ I believe you can hear at least Neon Tom and Radio Gun there. "With Alabama native Mike Thrasher (guitar/vocals), Matt Westfield (bass) and John Boutin (drums), Gwenmars released their 1995 debut Magnosheen, a record critically praised for its straight-forward, grungy, psychedelic, post-punk attack. When Hollywood Records went belly-up, the band signed with SeeThru Broadcasting and with their debut for that label, Driving a Million, it seems that Gwenmars have taken a significant step in the wrong direction." I don't remember them being too mainstream, and I only have known of them about 1 of their 7 years. Have a Great day!!! :D

• 1 year later...

Yes, I am a dork.

Firstly, because I have beel labelled on by someone one SF... :: and secondly because I go through this forum on a regular basis and actually listen to the bands that are recommended!

And Gwen Mars are great! Sortof electonic rocky kindof sortof, but really cool!

I especially like Neon Tom and Radio Gun.

:thumbsup: