Search Function

The Seeker

Is it possible to fine tune the search function somehow, just for certain words or expressions? It's virtually impossible to search for "The Who" for example, or "REM"/"R.E.M.", and so on.

Also, is there any way to cut down the time restriction a little, so you don't have to wait thirty seconds each time? I'm not sure why it's there at all, whether it's to prevent spamming somehow, or overloading the server or for some other reason, but maybe something could be done at least for registered members.

:)

urban dictionary says...

1. mickey mouse

Substandard, poorly executed or organized. Amateurish.

_ _ _ _ _

The search function here at songfacts is inadequate.

I can't help it if you decide to use this term as a user name.

:tumbleweed:

urban dictionary says...

1. mickey mouse

_ _ _ _ _

Bless your sweet heart for that one Bluesy!

urban dictionary says...

1. mickey mouse

_ _ _ _ _

I thought that was a real goofy definition, but I know it be true, but hey, I like it, little boy blue.

I don't mind the boolean searches. It's just the lack of consistent terminology or when you are looking for something specific, there are some threads which are no longer with us. When we did the move, there are a lot of threads which went *poof*. Seems to be anything older than a year before we transferred :(

FYI: I don't delete any of the Q&A threads. I merged a few Music Discussion dupes, but all of those post move will be there so that is a huge resource of threads. Some are hard to search through anyway (although I have a photographic memory which helps as I can usually remember the user who posted what I am after).

/never meant it to be so long.