The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #113

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was rather ridiculous that it took 113 tens to get the Supremes in. I know I've nominated them a couple of times myself, as well as Darryl, and Seeker, and I don't know who else. Finally!

Thanks ladies, for giving it another shot, they are there. ;)

It's crazy, isn't it? After 113 weeks, The Supremes finally make it into the Ten. ABBA - widely acknowledged as one of the great pop bands of all-time- still haven't made it. I imagine there must be quite a few distinguished names from rock & pop history yet to feature in a SF Top Ten.

Yet the Broken Family Band - of whom hardly anybody on this site had even heard until a couple of months ago- make it in at the first time of asking. :P

ABBA - widely acknowledged as one of the great pop bands of all-time- still haven't made it.

May I nominate some ABBA the next round? I thought "The Winner Takes It All" had made it recently. Maybe it did but it´s not yet on the "Every Song That´s Made The Top" thread...

It's crazy, isn't it? After 113 weeks, The Supremes finally make it into the Ten. ABBA - widely acknowledged as one of the great pop bands of all-time- still haven't made it. I imagine there must be quite a few distinguished names from rock & pop history yet to feature in a SF Top Ten.

Yet the Broken Family Band - of whom hardly anybody on this site had even heard until a couple of months ago- make it in at the first time of asking. :P

it's all (of course not ALL, you know what I mean) about marketing, or creating a "hype" you know?

May I nominate some ABBA the next round? I thought "The Winner Takes It All" had made it recently. Maybe it did but it´s not yet on the "Every Song That´s Made The Top" thread...

no, ABBA didn't make it... it was four or five points short of making the Ten

Glad to finally see the Supremes get in. It was way long overdue. I wish just we could have had a better support to posthumously honor Al Wilson and Paul Davis.

Show And Tell - Al Wilson (1973) 35

Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight (1971) 33

Sweet Life - Paul Davis (1978) 30

We made it, Shannon... :thumbsup: It was your suggestion to nominate amazing girls... :cool:

Was it? I was going to give you all the credit.

I have steady faith that ABBA WILL make it. Katie and I both nominated them in the same week some time ago, and ABBA sees to always be this close to making it in.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #113 for the week ending 4th May 2008

1. Fell In Love With A Girl - The White Stripes (2002)

2. 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins (1996)

3. Hey Hey What Can I Do - Led Zeppelin (1970)

4. Don't Try To Lay No Boogie Woogie On The King Of Rock And Roll - Long John Baldry (1971)

5. Bungle In The Jungle - Jethro Tull (1974)

6. Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman (1995)

7. You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes (1966)

8. I Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations (1967)

9. Booze And The Drugs, The - The Broken Family Band (2006)

10. A Quick One, While He's Away - The Who (1966)