Random Photos Thread

Epiphany

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are cracking me up :grin:

Lucky - I didn't use the picture as an avatar before, but Marc has posted it. And I was a sea cow for a long time. ;)

Lea - Marc dubbed me a sea cow a long time ago... has something to do with a Southpark episode, I think. He posted the link then, too, but I can't find it... [smallest](it's actually a manatee...)[/smallest] :grin:

Marc - that photo reminds me of the one a friend of my sister's took from his cell phone when San Diego was burning down... scary as hell. I bet Lucky can relate to what you're seeing right now. Glad that it's not around your home, at least...

nobody should EVER get their pets from a pet store!!!

pet stores obtain their animals from puppy and kitten mills - they're usually sickly, and are treated with neglect, like objects rather than living things.

always ALWAYS get your dog or cat from the humane society, or from an animal rescue. If people stop patronizing pet stores, then the ridiculously inhumane puppy and kitten mills will go out of business.

I never go to a pet store. In fact, I was a member of a group of people who tried to ban them. I cannot think of puppies or kittens spending their life in JAIL... :stars: I' d go and free them all...

How can that be legal, for Patti Smith' s sake??? :P :P

yep, manatee's are also known as sea cows. I swam with a couple of manatees in Florida. Not in some animal park or something, actually in the wild. We were swimming at our hotel's private beach, and thse two manatees just came swimming up. They are very used to people, and enjoy the attention. Absolutely so ugly they are adorable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...