Random Photos Thread

Epiphany

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, Maestro!!!!! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

I love this sort of pictures... if ever you go to Buenos Aires try to take a big shot of my neighborhood (the whole city is much too big...) :cool:

I will do that for you, dear Edna, should I ever visit B.A. That city is on my short list of places to visit. When Diana and I firm up a date to go there, I will contact you for location details.

• 2 months later...

the Rainbow River

The river "Caño Cristales", ca 100km long, is located in the "Sierra de la Macarena" national park in Colombia.

It's also called "river of five colours" and is considered to be the most beautiful river of the world.

Normally you can't tell it apart from a normal body of water, but because of the red, yellow, green and blue algae it's gleaming in rainbow colours for a few weeks every year.

nobody should EVER get their pets from a pet store!!!

pet stores obtain their animals from puppy and kitten mills - they're usually sickly, and are treated with neglect, like objects rather than living things.

always ALWAYS get your dog or cat from the humane society, or from an animal rescue. If people stop patronizing pet stores, then the ridiculously inhumane puppy and kitten mills will go out of business.

Shawna, this is where I work and, thankfully, not where I live. My place is getting a ton of smoke, though. Here is another picture, a lot close to the fire and actually in the area I work in. The fire has gotten a lot closer and bigger since this picture was taken this afternoon.

5320_102410563103381_10000003313332.jpg

And so is Shawna. Again. I remember that avatar, unless someone else had it. :)

Frightening. I'm sure this is probably long hours for you. as well Marc. I hope they can tame it soon. And I hope this isn't the beginning of more. The weather surely isn't cooperating. I don't like these Santa Ana's.

Edited by Guest