Random Photos Thread

Epiphany

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww! The beagle pic is adorable! Buddy reminds me of a beagle I had once named Daisy. Daisy escaped from our backyard and disappeared during one of our many Missouri River floods. I always wondered what really happened to sweet Daisy.

A couple of weeks ago, I photographed the members of an organization called Cão Amigo (dog friend.) It has long been known the therapeutic power of animal petting and bonding among the disabled. There are these kinds of projects in most major cities around the world. Cão Amigo volunteers (along with their animals or without and simply part of the group) visit, on a bi-weekly schedule, hospitals, nursing homes and care facilities for children with severe birth defects, in my city of Curitiba.

While shooting these people, I was struck by the genuine joy they all seemed to possess. There was a beautiful demeanor in all who sat for me, that seemed to start from deep in the heart and come shining out through the eyes.

If my advise means anything, I would suggest the unattached young men of Songfacts would do well to join a group such as this, when searching for a future bride. Ashamedly, I found myself wondering why these young, friendly ladies wanted to give away their weekend time visiting sick people. I asked one and she said, "I am the one who receives when I participate." How simple, of course. Here are a couple of the dozen or so unmarried young ladies that posed for me. So beautiful - and that's beauty from a place where makeup can never touch.

Shared.jpg

Juntos.jpg