Sign in to follow this  
Levis

What's the last CD you bought/got?

I came across a store that sold CDs for 10$.

I went on a bit of a spree :blush:

• Heathen Chemistry - Oasis
    Means I'm only missing Don't Believe The Truth (and anything after)
  • New Adventures In Hi-Fi - R.E.M.
    Means I'm missing up! and Green from the post-IRS years (and Accelerate, but that can wait)
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish - Blur
    Means I'm missing Leisure and The Great Escape (which was also there but which I did not pick up)
  • Moon Safari - Air
    Means happy0090.gif

No CD shopping for a while now :crazy:

I came across a store that sold CDs for 10$.

I went on a bit of a spree :blush:

[*]Heathen Chemistry - Oasis

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: It's much much better than people would like you to believe (and much much much better than Don't Believe The Truth)

• New Adventures In Hi-Fi - R.E.M.
    Means I'm missing up! and Green from the post-IRS years (and Accelerate, but that can wait)
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish - Blur
    Means I'm missing Leisure and The Great Escape (which was also there but which I did not pick up)
  • Moon Safari - Air
    Means happy0090.gif

No CD shopping for a while now :crazy:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Heathen Chemistry - Oasis

Oh curses... I forgot - I don't have Standing On The Shoulder of Giants either! :doh:

Better than Don't Believe the Truth though... I like Where Did It All Go Wrong, Sunday Morning Call, F*ckin' In The Bushes and particularly Gas Panic! and Go Let It Out (though I much prefer the Familiar To Millions live versions).

I've bought a few CDs since I last checked in on this thread, but allow me to tell you about my recent run of good fortune.

On Wednesday, I was in the city centre, essentially to shop for footwear (for me) and birthday presents (Mrs Fitter, a brother and a nephew). Anyway, I chanced upon one of the larger music stores in the throes of a "change of ownership stock clearance". This enabled me to pick up:

Guided By Voices : "Isolation Drills" (which is excellent, incidentally)

The Woodentops: "The BBC Sessions" (ditto)

The Toy Dolls: "We're Mad" (2 CD anthology)(which I'm also very pleased with- a long-timer on my wish-list)

Stephanie Dosen: "A Lily For the Spectre" (which I have high hopes for)

Derek And Clive: "Live" (Peter Cook & Dudley Moore perform probably the funniest comedy album ever made)

plus an album which I already had, but which I'm giving as a birthday present (Future Of The Left: "Curses")

All this for just over £20!

Today. I was out with two of my kids, visiting toy-shops. Both had bought something they were pretty satisfied with, so they indulged me in a quick pop-in to the nearby charity shop. Good day to call in, as it happened.

Earlier this year the very excellent Domino record label re-issued two albums of long-deleted material by The Triffids- one of the world's most underrated bands- "Treeless Plain" (with bonus tracks) and "Beautiful Waste and other songs (mini-masterpices 1983-85)"). I had intended to pre-order these from Domino, but missed out due to cash-flow problems: but they've been high on my "must buy" list ever since. Imagine my unfettered joy to find both albums ("promotional copy: not for resale!") at the ridiculously knockdown price of £2 apiece. For those slow on the exchange-rate uptake: the two albums together cost me considerably less than a packet of 20 cigs, or probably about the same as a teenth o' grass. Yabbadabbadooo! :):):) :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :content: