What's the last CD you bought/got?

Levis

I'll probably have to download the B-sides, but I'll work on the albums of course.

Also, of course, it may take a while since Suede isn't the only band I need every album of. :D

Just download Sci-Fi Lullabies. It collects the b-sides up to Coming Up. Ironically, their best b-sides and singles combinations came from the Head Music album. "Leaving" is one of me all-time favourites :headphones:

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ironic? I like "Head Music". It's a really under-rated album.

I've bought 4 CDs this week, (so far).

One full-price album arrived in the post yesterday:

Billy MacKenzie - "Transmission Impossible", which is swoonsomely sublime. £10

Three charity shop bargains this afternoon:

The Breeders - "Title TK"

Kristin Hersch - "Sky Motel" (sounding really good right now)

The Wedding Present - "Take Fountain"

£6, the lot. Bargain!!!

Ironic because it's the early albums with Bernard Butler that got the better reviews (only Coming Up got lower reviews from fans). Therefore, it's ironic that their best b-sides aren't from that era, but come from the Head Music year. Those are some sweet sweet singles they cranked out. "Leaving," "Crackhead," "Seascape," "Since You Went Away" are stand out tracks.

Ironic because it's the early albums with Bernard Butler that got the better reviews (only Coming Up got lower reviews from fans).

Surely, "Coming Up" is their best album, isn't it? :confused:

The trouble with "fans" is that they struggle to be as objective as the the more impartial observer.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

My last two:

OK Computer - Radiohead

To be completely honest, it is good, but I don't think it lives up to its massive popularity. Sure, Paranoid Android is one of the greatest songs of all time, but I think about half the album is just average, nothing special.

Who's Next - The Who

Absolutely brilliant, but I already knew that. I got it for $10. I call that a bargain. The best I ever had.

THE BEST I EVER HAD! :bow: :rockon: :bow: