The Personal Top Tens

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think yours don't count? If you vote in a timely fashion I think your votes are counted.

I may be wrong but I think thats how it's been handled in the past. Pkstones was pretty new last time we played and she was able to vote and put up a list if I recall as was my mother. They were both fairly new to SF but I don't remember if they started in the middle :crazy:

You'd have to ask Ron but if your voting before voting closes, I'll bet he's counting your votes. He did say anyone could vote when we started ;)

1 blue in green - miles davis

2 billie jean - michael jackson

3 unfinished sympathy - massive attack

4 famous blue raincoat - leonard cohen

5 welcome to the terrordome - public enemy

6 in a sentimental mood - ellington & coltrane

7 lyrics of fury - eric b. & rakim

8 the beautiful ones - prince

9 with or without you - u2

10 maggotbrain - funkadelic

Woops. Sorry, didn't read the instructions before posting.

Edited by Guest
Didn't read first page.

• 3 weeks later...

We are nearing the finish line of the second round of PTTs. The next three weeks will feature the nominations of Viaene, Chutzpah and then, if there are no other takers of the opportunity, mine. Finally, we will finish up with two weeks of results compilation style TTs.

If there is anyone else who has been participating in this exercise, who has not gotten a chance to have their nominations voted upon, please PM me and let me know who you are so I can fit you into the schedule. Thanks.

I am concerned by the possibility that some of the earlier list submittors may no longer be voting on those lists that have come after theirs. I have not done a detailed analysis and do not know identities, but we had about 24 participants originally (plus a couple of steady "voters only,") yet the last PTT had a slim 19 voting respondents. If the trend continues to see a decline in voters, this just wouldn't be fair to those who have been faithfully maintaining the game and have yet to submit their list. Think about this and support the community.

Thanks

Some people are just the bad apples of society. It's amazing how they just blow this thread off after their turn comes.

Well, if that be the case, BB, they only cost themselves.

Fairly certain I am not alone in understanding that by actively listening to each of the songs presented through a conscientious personal screening process by each new nominator, that I am hearing a richer, broader selection of international music than I might ever hope to hear through a radio station rotation. Plus, I know the person doing the nominating is, in effect, sending me a piece of themself while desirous of a closer relationship through our music exchange.

Frankly, there is just too much upside to this process to not stay involved; and those who chose to no longer do so - lose.

some posts for discussion imposted from Viaene's PTT

I think steel should give it a few more days. I need to bump a few of those songs off the list :rockon:

And I think that anyone who wanted to impact the results should have gotten their vote in before the same deadline we have consistently had in place for 6 months. :cool:

I have another nominator excitedly expecting their list to be posted around midnight tonight. What do I tell them; we're pushing you back? I have tried to accommodate as fairly and reasonably as I could this entire round, but totally understand now that precedent is essential for the effective working of the top tens. I originally considered setting up a two-week period for voting, but in my experience the lists (and anticipation) lose a lot of dynamic energy at that interval. A week is fast, but its a rapid world. ;)

I agree with Steel.

I know that the new ptt gets published Saturday nights and I need to listen and vote by the next friday afternoon (west coast time). So it's all about time management during your busy weekly schedule.

:cool:

If I know very few songs of the current ptt, then I try to listen to 10 or so songs every day and by the deadline for voting I've whittled down my list.

:thumbsup:

In all fairness, were I to start this again, I would post the results at midnight (EST) on Thursday, allow for comments all day Friday and then post a new set of nominations at midnight on Friday. This would allow the entire weekend for listening and 4 additional weekdays for fine-tuning/voting. But when I originally set it up, I tried to accommodate my own schedule as well, in order to consistently maintain the process without needing to change horses in midstream, as it were. Midnight Thursday EST is, in summer here, 3 A.M. And working a full-time job, plus running a photography business, at my age sleep is fairly important. ;)