The Personal Top Tens

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so what I'm understang is, I get to put together a list of 50 of my favorite songs and then everybody votes for their ten favorites right?

Now what I don't quite understand is this, do the songs have to be only songs I've nominated in the past tens? I'm doubting that because like others I'm sure, I don't think I've been playing long enough to have quite 50 songs. So, do I also get to just add some of my favorites others have chosen? And do we stick to the sf top ten list exclusively or can we use our own library of music?

Gosh I hope all that makes since to someone.

Edited by Guest
I don't wanna be first k?

I don't think I've been playing long enough to have quite 50 songs. So, do I also get to just add some of my favorites others have chosen? And do we stick to the sf top ten list exclusively or can we use our own library of music?

I don't think the rules are fine-tuned enough to answer that,

keep suggesting and discussing about it :)

what would you prefer?

Well if I just list the songs I've nominated in the past I may have close to 50 songs myself and I do think we should maybe stick to the tens lists.

If I'm understanding this right we're re-voting on some of the songs that didn't make it on the tens list when nominated before. This is an archive thing right?

I do think we should maybe stick to the tens lists.

If I'm understanding this right we're re-voting on some of the songs that didn't make it on the tens list when nominated before. This is an archive thing right?

so you want people who don't have enough nominations to fill up their list with songs someone else has nominated? (just to see if I understood it right)

I would guess for some of us the LARGE majority of nominations didn't make the Ten :grin:

When first proposing this, my thinking was that the members make a randomly ordered (alphabetical perhaps) list of their favorite songs (realizing that can change from day to day, perhaps those not picked first could start on their lists now and modify them as the spirit moves.) Whether that person EVER nominated, voted for or otherwise even indicated their appreciation of the songs on their personal list; it doesn't matter. The submitted list is the determining element. Then we all list our favs from that list in the familiar 1 - 10 order.

This provides two things: a sense, to the larger SF community, of the musical tastes of the spotlighted member AND to that member, a sense of who shares our tastes. I hoped it would be a good way to help us get to know one another better and a lot of fun, considering the quips that are very likely to arise in the process.

Ohhhhh.....*lightbulb in brain turns on*. That is good, S2V. I can definitely make a list of 50 of my favorite songs. I just hope we don't have to put YouTube links up for all of them.

My taste is pretty mainstream anyway, so the songs will most likely be well known. If not, go to YouTube and search by "80's cheese" and a lot of my songs should be there!