The Personal Top Tens

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I asked because we are not allowed to vote on our own top tens, but I see MC's point.

You don't vote on your own PTTs because in constructing the original list of 50 you are saying in effect, "These are all favs of mine to a certain degree." If you voted on our own list, doing so might sway the voters into skewing the final tally to meet your favored result.

But to vote on your own noms in a finalizing TT would be no different than a normal weekly TT. It makes sense to me.

hey,I'll try this...What do I have to do? Is it too late? Maybe next time? All these ???'s

It takes a lot of .... (just can't come up with a word .. hmmm) well, something ... to come along now and want to play. ;)

JK, friend.

I'll tell you what, Chutzpah, we'd love to have another member join the personal top ten experience. To get into the flow and demonstrate your commitment, perhaps you ought to go back through the PTT archives (we started around the beginning of this year) and vote on the previous lists; or at least about 80% of them (assuming the threads aren't locked.) Your vote won't change the final vote count, but will let the members know your tastes in music as they relate to the nominator's, which is one of the benefits of doing this exercise. If you would agree to do that - at your own pace, because that would be a lot of voting and take a lot of time - I will throw your name into the magic hat right away. Or you could wait to see if the PTTs are done again in the future (it would be the third time doing a special PTT program.) Consider too ... even if you don't want to go to all that trouble of revisiting past PTTs, you may still vote on any of the lists that appear here every week and your vote would count. You just wouldn't be a nominator this go round.

Unless a mob forms and you are hoisted on their shoulders, as they shout in unison, "Let him nominate now!" I'm scared by mobs ... :P

ok...mobs scare me too...Are you talking about the mob? Broken legs and arms and that kind of stuff?

I'm a slow learner so be gentle folks...I could easily pick a top 50 just from the previous lists

But,I could throw in more...and mine will fit in with about 80%...

thanks

I want to apologize in advance to the two members who will have their PTTs in the next two weeks. I will be on vacation and not able to vote.

I do, however, intend to listen once I return and maybe even just do a not counted ranking. I love participating in these, so even though I'll be having fun, I'll be having slight SF withdrawal over the next couple of weeks!

ok...mobs scare me too...Are you talking about the mob? Broken legs and arms and that kind of stuff?

I'm a slow learner so be gentle folks...I could easily pick a top 50 just from the previous lists

But,I could throw in more...and mine will fit in with about 80%...

thanks

:D matt you crack me up. I mean that in the nicest possible way .... :D I'll be looking forward to your list. IF that is, you are submitting one. ;)

Ron, I was thinking it would be a good idea if after these PTT's are over, to do an Ultimate PTT with the top 2 songs from everybody's lists combined into one.

Now I am leaning toward taking all the songs that got no votes during the PTT's and using those as the nominees for an auxiliary PTT before we do an ultimate.

I mean the idea is to find new music. Perhaps we will find an overlooked gem among those that received no votes. The average has been about 3 no votes per list so far, so there won't be an overabundance of nominees.

Now I am leaning toward taking all the songs that got no votes during the PTT's and using those as the nominees for an auxiliary PTT before we do an ultimate.

I mean the idea is to find new music. Perhaps we will find an overlooked gem among those that received no votes. The average has been about 3 no votes per list so far, so there won't be an overabundance of nominees.

No offence, but that's a much better idea :)