The Personal Top Tens

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we use both some of our own nominations from our top ten, and also some random tunes we like that we haven't yet nominated? That's sort of how I'm understanding this.

As to what Peaches said:

Unless I'm first, I will throw myself to the floor and kick and scream until I turn blue. And there may be hair pulling.

Though I think one problem that might arise is that if two people have similar taste in music, their lists would be conflicting... is that allowed? I don't think anyone would have more than five or ten songs in common with anyone else, but if I only nominated songs I've also nominated for the Top Ten, and someone else chooses their fifty favourite songs, it might get a little difficult... though that's probably not as likely as it seems now.

And also... what about those people who happen to have just about taken part in 25, or 26 Tens? I don't know if there are people like that, but it's the same problem with just choosing the most recent 50... a few times, I've only nominated filler songs because I couldn't think of anything else, or because I had more than ten songs to vote for already. I wouldn't want them on my list here.

Oh my gosh I just realized something :ooo: there are no genre restrictions. If I want to I can nominate all my old country western songs from the 50's and 60's :happybanana: This is sounding like a some fun now :D

I'm sure the 20 somethings will just love me for that :laughing:

I have an idea for any possible duplicate nominations.

Someone could ok each list before the rest of us vote after the list is checked to make sure one of the songs nominated didn't already make it. It will get harder as we go but if we all help to point out a song that's all ready been chosen by someone else it shouldn't be to bad and not so time consuming for just one or two people to do.

Or, if someone has Word spreadsheets they could copy and paste each list into spreadsheet and list in alphabetical order and be able to tell at a glance if there are doubles.

Edited by Guest

I have an idea for any possible duplicate nominations.

Someone could ok each list before the rest of us vote after the list is checked to make sure one of the songs nominated didn't already make it. It will get harder as we go but if we all help to point out a song that's all ready been chosen by someone else it shouldn't be to bad and not so time consuming for just one or two people to do.

Or, if someone has Word spreadsheets they could copy and paste each list into spreadsheet and list in alphabetical order and be able to tell at a glance if there are doubles.

I don't think you need to worry about such petty details ;)

btw, what is a Word spreadsheet? :grin:

So what if two or more people like the same song and the SFers vote any of those same songs into those different people's top tens? The idea is these are SF Mark of Approval Top Tens for each individual. If two or more people have, say, "Stairway To Heaven" on their SF Approved Top Ten, so be it.

Good morning folks!

What S2V said:

When first proposing this, my thinking was that the members make a randomly ordered (alphabetical perhaps) list of their favorite songs (realizing that can change from day to day, perhaps those not picked first could start on their lists now and modify them as the spirit moves.) Whether that person EVER nominated, voted for or otherwise even indicated their appreciation of the songs on their personal list; it doesn't matter. The submitted list is the determining element. Then we all list our favs from that list in the familiar 1 - 10 order.

Don't be so suspicious... there really aren't any restrictions :D It's like one person gets to go on a nominating frenzy. And the rest of the gang votes :)

Eek! It's not that hard folks... :D

1. We are only doing one person at a time

2. Duplicate nominations don't matter. For instance, Sammy, edna and I all love the Stones. Technically all 3 of us could have "Gimme Shelter" on our list of nominations, and you could all vote for that song to be on our personal Top Ten. You are choosing a list, for us. Get it?

3. You compile a list of 50 songs, for the week we do your list. You can pull those songs from memory, or, if your brain doesn't function well enough to just come up with 50 off the top of your head, go back and look at what you nominated, OR what you've voted for in past tens. OR if your brain still doesn't want to function that much, WE can do it for you (not as much fun, maybe).

4. Unfortunately Peachy, we probably won't post a comprehensive list, just because of space (it would be really, really long). But it's not too tough to go back through the tens, and use the search function to figure out what you've nominated.

5. After said list is compiled, and submitted, from the person chosen that week, (from that cannibalistic lottery pot) the rest of the tenners vote for what they consider to be the perfect 10 songs for that individual.

See? :D

Edited by Guest