Jesus Christ

Mike

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for John Lennon, of course a discussion about him would be welcome, this is a music site afterall. :)

The forum Random Thoughts (along with other forums like Fun & Games, Creative Writing and Movies & TV) are specifically designated areas where non-music discussion is encouraged. As long as it is in these forums, this is the correct place for this thread :)

^ well, let's say "slightly less music related discussion" ;) :grin:

musical interlude:

He could've tuned in, tuned in

But he tuned out

A bad time, nothing could save him

Alone in a corridor, waiting, locked out

He got up outta there, ran for hundreds of miles

He made it to the ocean, had a smoke in a tree

The wind rose up, set him down on his knee

A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw

Delivered him wings, 'Hey, look at me now'

Arms wide open with the sea as his floor

Oh, power, oh

He's.. flying.....whole

He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share

His key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere

But first he was stripped and then he was stabbed

By faceless men, well, f*ckers

He still stands

And he still gives his love, he just gives it away

The love he receives is the love that is saved

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky

A human being that was given to fly

High.. flying

Oh, oh

High.. flying

Oh, oh

He's flying

Oh, oh

Not really.

The post stated that a discussion about a music figure (in this case, John Lennon) would be welcome, as this is a music site (after all).

Yes, it is a music site. Yes, a discussion about any musical figure (John Lennon or otherwise) would indeed be very welcome.

But other topics are also open for discussion when started in the appropriate forums.

A clarification :)

Not really.

The post stated that a discussion about a music figure (in this case, John Lennon) would be welcome, as this is a music site (after all).

Yes, it is a music site. Yes, a discussion about any musical figure (John Lennon or otherwise) would indeed be very welcome.

But other topics are also open for discussion when started in the appropriate forums.

A clarification :)

yes, of course :)

I didn't mean that non-music related couldn't be discussed

I was merely refering to the fact that, since pretty much everybody here is a music enthusiast it's very likely that sooner or later the discussion can jump (back) to something music related, like with these "musical interludes"

:)

The forum Random Thoughts (along with other forums like Fun & Games, Creative Writing and Movies & TV) are specifically designated areas where non-music discussion is encouraged. As long as it is in these forums, this is the correct place for this thread :)

I realize I'm still new here, but I've read over the forums and have seen discussions get very heated and people seem to get upset or feelings hurt, I was just pointing out that with anything dealing with religion and yes talking about Jesus is religion related, that some might get over heated so to speak. That was the point I was trying to make, but I quess it didn't come across clearly or my point in null and void?? :P

I realize I'm still new here, but I've read over the forums and have seen discussions get very heated and people seem to get upset or feelings hurt, I was just pointing out that with anything dealing with religion and yes talking about Jesus is religion related, that some might get over heated so to speak. That was the point I was trying to make, but I quess it didn't come across clearly or my point in null and void?? :P

I understand your concern and am sure all the groovy peeps at Songfacts will behave themselves :shades:

I have always held the belief that if something like this thread or something said in it upsets or offends you, just don't click that button :D

I personally consider myself as a gnostic christen. Not to be confused with agnostic or atheist. I'm neither.

Even at my age I still haven't come to terms with most of the mainstream religious goings on. Most people get offended at my religious beliefs so I try to keep them mainly to myself.

But every one has an opinion and the right to speak it and I have the right to listen or not :D

I agree with your concerns regarding religion discussions. That's why, and as Joe reinforced in one of his posts, this was a post I made based on the non-religious aspects of Jesus. Forgoing His acceptance by many as being MORE than merely a man. I would not begin a discussion on religion, or religious beliefs. I have no interest in discussing such things here, usually people want to "convert" others, progress or support their beliefs, or oppress others beliefs in these type of threads. There's other places on the internet one can do this, we don't need to provide a place here. It's tough to moderate these type of topics without offending someone along the way.

When we moved into the upstairs of my In-laws house, I felt like I was in a church....they are very religious, and I was also raised as a catholic but still our house did not look like a church....we did have a few religious items in my house growing up but not in every room....anyways...I took a look around at the upstairs and noticed pictures of the pope on the wall, pictures of Jesus, a statue of Jesus in the corner too..A big statue at that...well I decorated the room, to make it my own...and felt like I had to move the statue of Jesus to the other room....I just felt a little uncomfortable with it in the bedroom ya know???....so during those "intimate moments" hubby says...."What's the matter?" ....I said "ummmm Jesus is watching us"...he says "It's okay, we're married".... :laughing: .....

The statue did get moved anyways... :)

I always learn something from other peoples ideas and opinions so there for enjoy reading them and am rarely offended. :content: I love a different point of view on most things.

Now if someone were to say The Beatles were a no talent boy band...that might offend me :laughing:

I realize I'm still new here, but I've read over the forums and have seen discussions get very heated and people seem to get upset or feelings hurt, I was just pointing out that with anything dealing with religion and yes talking about Jesus is religion related, that some might get over heated so to speak. That was the point I was trying to make, but I quess it didn't come across clearly or my point in null and void??

Perhaps just DE-void.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Baptist?

The Beatle :laughing:

Do you insult all the new memebers here on SF? Is that your job as a "mod"? What a nice welcome, thanks so much! I guess you need to follow on here rather than have a mind of your own. :P

I'm sure no one meant to insult you. I have never seen anyone deliberately do that here. Not seriously anyway. I am very sorry if you took it that way. Please accept my apologies.