Best Mystery Movies

Mike

I've always been a huge fan of mysteries, when i was a kid I saw a film called "I saw what you did" and it really freaked me out, but it felt good (sort of) I was hooked, then I started to watch Ellery Queen, Barnaby Jones, Quincy, etc, etc. and the films I've really enjoyed too, Rear Window, 12 Angry Men, etc.

But M. Night Shyamalan, with The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs really are a few of the best!

I am very fond of mystery movies. Among my favourites are the original Sleuth with Michael Caine and Sir Lawrence Olivier, The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey, The Sixth Sense and Touch Of Evil with Orson Welles and Charlton Heston.

I am also very fond of all the movies based on books by Agatha Christie like Murder On The Orient Express and Death On The Nile.

You say "Mystery" and "Sherlock Holmes" comes to mind. From Basil Rathbone to Jeremy Brett, the "Misogynist of 221B Baker Street" has lured me into 19th century London. Until the BBC folded the set, "The Inspector Lynley Mysteries" provided the most interesting duo since the Baker Street Regulars. (The reel Lynley & Havers weren't confronted by as much violence, death, or creepiness as the literary versions.) For V/D/C, there's Thomas Harris' "Dr. Hannibal Lechter" and "Special Agent Clarice Starling" as they matched wits while the latter failed to "take a bite out of crime." }:|

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...