Fans Want Cornell to Replace Weiland

RonJonSurfer

Cornell Is Fans' Favorite To Replace Weiland

Rocker Chris Cornell is a favorite to replace Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver, according to a new online poll.

Rock fans voted the former Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman as their pick to take over singing duties from Weiland, who departed the group last week, over Buckcherry star Josh Todd.

Weiland's own pick, Sebastian Bach, came in third ahead of Eric Dover from Slash's Snakepit and former Guns 'N Roses star Izzy Stradlin.

The poll was staged by RollingStone.com.

Photo Copyright Wire Image

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2008

I suspect that G 'n' R and Velvet Revolver fans are not all in touch with their own sexuality. If they could just relax and become 'as one' with their feminine side, they could accept Lisa as their own true godess and express themselves in a less obviously homophobic way. I think she could, at last, make them feel....mighty real.

JMHO

:D

Well, it is noticeable that no female vocalists figure in the rollingstone poll to select a new vocalist for this band. That possibility wouldn't even be countenanced.

Fact is that fans of this kind of band do appear to have a very strong preference for the idea of a rugged, sweaty guy at the front. One can only speculate why this is, but heavy rock has undoubtedly always been heavy on the homoerotic fantasy element.

Steady on, Liz. 'Twas all said in jest.

I'm sure nobody assumes that just because the G'n'R / Velvet Revolver audience contains more than its fair share of moronic homophobes, that all fans of the bands are moronic, homophobic, or indeed, in-the-closet homosexuals. But it is certainly arguable that the narcissistically posturing, male-dominated world of rock'n'roll- and its predominantly male adoring audience- is laced with a subtext of homo-erotic fantasy.

I know that G'n'R / Velvet Revolver and others of their ilk have fans of diverse age and background: I do not intend to stereotype them all as perpetual adolescents. Many of us (old rockers, mods, punks, whatever) without remaining fixed in adolescenthood, carry features of our adolescence with us through to middle-age and beyond; there's no shame in that. (Ok, maybe there's a little). In using that phrase, I was specifically referring only to the more retarded type within the fan-base who would bother to vote in such a stoopid poll.

Apologies for any offence caused.

I love being stereotyped based on the bands I like. I really do.

What else are we supposed to do for a laugh , music related , here on SF , then ? Just know that what goes around comes around , and be content ... :) :thumbsup: BF still has yet to reveal his appreciation of Culture Club , so be patient .