Hot enough for ya?

MarcM

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to be 85 here, on the coast. That's very unusual. Most of the homes here on the coast don't have air conditioning (I'm so not used to that!), because supposedly you don't need it. Hah! I'd kill for air right now. It's freaking hot. :P

I was in the Mojave desert today. It was 85. It was 92 at home!! What the hell?

the marine layer, Marc... holds the heat in! At least, that's the way I've always understood it. We don't have those in Phoenix, and I love it! :) Fog is so alien to me now I hardly know what to do anymore when I'm in San Diego.

the marine layer, Marc... holds the heat in! At least, that's the way I've always understood it. We don't have those in Phoenix, and I love it! :) Fog is so alien to me now I hardly know what to do anymore when I'm in San Diego.

There hasnt been a marine layer, or at least one that reaches me (I am 38 some odd miles inland) for some time. Just blue sky and heat. I hope "June Gloom" starts early.

There hasnt been a marine layer, or at least one that reaches me (I am 38 some odd miles inland) for some time. Just blue sky and heat. I hope "June Gloom" starts early.

Nope, no marine layer to speak of, and I would be right in the middle of it, being a mile (at most) inland. Last week it was at 3600 ft, and I had no fog at all, nor drizzle.

It's 89 today. I'm loving the warmth, but whoever said we don't need air here is off their rocker. It's unpleasant sleeping. We'll have May Gray soon enough I guess. Weird weather names here.

:P

Radhi, invest in gloves and a hat. Up to 40% of your body heat is lost through your head. Just look at it as a chance to make a new fashion statement, you can be all cute in hats. :)

Edited by Guest

If I had gloves I'd wear them na? sheesh. :/

anyway, I'm still typing

Oh, don't mind me. I was just doing my Dr. Phil impersonation.

You know... like the time when Dr. Phil said,

(enter southern-country drawl)

"Now, we're gonna pause for a commercial break but when we come back, I'm gonna let y'all in on this great new invention!!! Ever had problems with your drink staying cold in hot weather? Well, friends, when y'all come back, I'ma gonna teach you how to make ice!!!"

:goof:

Our normal last frost of the season is around the first of April. Here we are in the last few days of the month, and there is a frost - nay, a freeze warning tonight.

So, not very hot right now. I suspect it will be 80 before the end of the week, though ;)