Random Music Thoughts V

Mike

"Spill The Wine" is in the Top-10 today, possibly because it's being used in those Cougar Town promos on TBS. I'll never watch the show and don't understand why people drinking wine is funny, but very glad that our buddy Harold Brown (drummer for War) and the other original band members will get a fatter royalty check.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, that is funny.

Another random music thought:

Was watching Ryan Seacrest's Rockin' New Year's Eve, and PSY finally reached the breaking point with "Gangnam Style" where even he is clearly sick of the song. What's remarkable about this fad is how is ended so succinctly as the calendar flipped to 2013. This thing is over. There is nobody who needs to hear that song or any variation thereof until it bubbles up again as nostalgia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless you count the "One Love/People Get Ready" (Marley/Mayfield) medley performed by the Cast of Glee, there has never been a Hot 100 hit titled "One Love." These come close:

One Love, One Heart

Only One Love

One Love In My Lifetime

Only One Love In My Life

Unfaithfully Yours (One Love)

One Lover At A Time

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the two biggest female singing stars of the '80s were also emaciatingly skinny: Diana Ross and Olivia Newton-John.

If The Supremes were around today, Ross would be "the skinny one," akin to Michelle Williams in Destiny's Child.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...